Greetings from...well I'm a gypsy.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Raevyn

New
Reaction score
Jambo, Aloha, Bonjour, and Hello to all you fine folks!

I don't get online as often as I'd like but I was taking the time to search these forums for information on diving the Hood Canal and realized what a great resource this board is. I hope to get more familiar with the layout and the boards over time. For now I shall enjoy my chance to peruse the first hand information compiled here by so many divers.

Don't forget Northwest Dive Club forum for Hood Canal info.

Jambo, Aloha, Bonjour, and Hello to all you fine folks!

I don't get online as often as I'd like but I was taking the time to search these forums for information on diving the Hood Canal and realized what a great resource this board is. I hope to get more familiar with the layout and the boards over time. For now I shall enjoy my chance to peruse the first hand information compiled here by so many divers.
Hood Canal diving is awesome. Hit me up if you need any info on where to stay, eat or dive. Happy to help. Good % of my personal dives and dive instruction are from there. Sund Rock, Octopus Hole, Pt. Whitney, Pulali Point, The Pinnacle, Mike's Beach Resort. All the best!
Here is another resource in addition to what @BRT recommended - The Perfect Dive | Local SCUBA Diving Sites and Marine Life Photo ID Galleries

Thank you so much for the quick responses. I was only able to get back online now but I shall take a look at the resources suggested. "The Perfect Dive" was one of the first places I began my searches and Ill take a look at the rest too.

We got curious about this particular area when we were in the Pacific Northwest for a couple months last summer, just wandering about the area exploring. We had headed into the Staircase section of ONP to do some hiking and driving there we passed all these "Dive Resorts." Neither of us had any interest in diving in cold water despite both having grown up on it (working -and most likely diving for work- in Antarctica had been one of my interests at least going into college) we got wimpy living in Hawaii. But after we started looking into it too many fantastic dive reports started making us interested.

And if you want more great diving in the Pacific Northwest, travel a little farther to Vancouver Island. Cold water diving at its finest. Lots of places to dive from the south end in Victoria, all the way to the north end at Port Hardy, and places in between.

Welcome to the forums, and dive safe !!

Divegoose :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom