Greetings to everyone from Lake Jackson, Texas, USA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi all,

I'm a vacation diver from Indonesia, currently living in Lake Jackson, 50 miles south of Houston. Here is a bit of my diving background. In 2005, a good buddy of mine at work, who is a dive instructor, introduced me to SCUBA diving. I liked it so much & got SSI OW in 2005, followed by SSI Nitrox in 2006, PADI AOW in 2013 and logging in average 50 dives / year.

As far as the diving vacation places where I have visited, for the first few years, I went with my local dive club, Brazosport Underwater Club (BUC) dive trips to several dive sites in US & Caribbean, including Flower Gardens, Florida Keys, Cayman Brac, Cancun, Cabo, Bonaire, Utila & Tobago. As I gained more experience, I started to travel further away to the country where I was born, Indonesia, diving in several great dive sites there including Bali, Komodo, WaKaToBi, Bunaken, Lembeh, Alor, Nabucco, Cendrawasih Bay & Raja Ampat. Other than those places, I dove in Zanzibar & Pemba (Tanzania). My next trip will be to Great Barrier Reef in November & Galapagos in December.

Hi Steve. Yes we met in last month Flower Garden trip with Fling, I think. Nice find of Mithrodia Clavigera - Indo-Pacific Nail Sea Star hanging around in the Gulf of Mexico, by the way.

howdy and welcome from south Florida.....

Hi iamrushman. I was just in your neck of the wood on July 4th weekend, scuba diving in Key Largo (City of Washington & Benwood) on Friday, shark diving in Jupiter on Saturday & wreck diving in Jupiter on Sunday. Saw huge Goliath grouper (9 footer & weighs about 500 lbs, I think) there in the Corridor. I'm planning to go back there next year, around the end of August to see the Goliath grouper congregation during their spawning season. Also, plan to do a night & a morning muck diving under the Blue Heron bridge. Any tips you can give me about diving there would be very much appreciated.

Last edited:
Welcome to SB Dan_T.

Thanks compressor. I'm so glad to join SB. Should have done it a while back. A lot of helpful info & support can be found here.

Back
Top Bottom