Grisbi Dive Knive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK dr, I will wait you.

---------- Post added February 13th, 2013 at 05:08 PM ----------

Dr. Miller, trapezus is my ancient name of city where I live. Pontus Greek kingdom. You're a person living legend divers and many divers know in my country .
Please write me total price PM .I am a La Spirotechnique collector and still I dive with them deep (Royal Mistral and Mistral) . I am 61 and can dive 60m+ with my Royal Mistral and the other La Spiro.. equipments (no BC , 12+12 lt tanks and Jet -Fin) . My son diver too and he lost my grisbi knife :(

Trapezus,
It is now Friday in California..I apologize for the late response, but Wednesdays and Thursdays are my very busy time of the week.

I received a surprise when I went to the US Post office..$40.00+ dollars for international mailing box! (Thanks MIKE!) Spent some time with the clerk who searched for several other options...The best would be to box the knife in a light weight box and ship it that way, which reduces the cost by about one half to a little over $20.00 American dollars

It was suggested in order to pass Turkish customs and avoid loss that on the customs declaration the knife should be identified as a diving relic or a diving souvenir. Is listing it as a "diving relic or a diving souvenir" acceptable to you?

I note you are interested in Spiro items..

I have two single hose regulators you might be interested in also acquiring. They are as follows:

1) AQUILON...Fair condition, show wear; scratched not diveable in present condition or maybe only useful as parts.

It is equipped with a Sparton Submersible Pressure gauge, marked made in London. The gauge is calibrated in ATMs, the air hose is about 1/4 inch diameter and appears to be braded nylon over the HP hose, the attachment is about 3/16 of an inch...I don't recall seeing one of these SPG any where, but my collection of European catalogs is some what limited and I can't seem to locate my Littywhites Catalogs.

I was informed this was the original regulator that the US Divers Calypso was based, which I never confirmed

2) Spiro 8...MINT! I used it in a pool to test dive it for US Divers many years ago . When finished I washed in fresh water, it dried it and placed it in a air tight waterproof box where it has remained all these years except for occasional opening of the box for inspection.

It has a black first stage, a bright chrome second stage. The stages are connected to the air hose via a common stainless steel hose clamp.

Iwas informed that the Cousteau team preferred these regulators for stage decompression.

I was also informed this was the original regulator that the US Divers Conshelf series of regulators was based.

I have seen a few of these regulators in French collections, but so far none in the American collections.

If interested in either the Aquilon with the Sparton SPG or the Spiro 8 or both make an offer via a Private Message (PM)

SDM

> CAN ANY English, European or American or (??) shed light on the SPG? The year the Sprio 8 was manufactured? etc etc???? <

Dr. Miller, please do not spend your time I even bought one of the missing materials are found in very good condition Grisbi One of the booties I found it too, thank you for all the things I wish you a long and healthy life.

---------- Post added February 16th, 2013 at 11:55 AM ----------

Dr.Miller ,I saw your reply now I'm writing now and again. Mistral regulator in 1974, I started my first dive after the Aquilon bought all stops. I'm sorry to bother. Spiro 8, and I've got all La Spirotechnique regulators. Only I havenn't Alize . Now I write write here who wants to sell it send me a PM thanks a lot..

Trapezus,

Absolutely no problem! I needed to inventory the items and check the condition of the items. I will possibly place them on E bay in the near future

And I had the opportunity to meet a friend I didn't know I had...If in the future I can be of service please do not hesitate to call on me

Sorry I don't have an Alize regulator--but keep posting and keep seaching

SDM

Trapezus,

Absolutely no problem! I needed to inventory the items and check the condition of the items. I will possibly place them on E bay in the near future

And I had the opportunity to meet a friend I didn't know I had...If in the future I can be of service please do not hesitate to call on me

Sorry I don't have an Alize regulator--but keep posting and keep seaching

SDM
Hi Guys,
I need a little help getting some information on an old dive knife that I have, searched the web with no luck.
Someone on here must know the knife.
It's a Technisub Seadag

Attachments

• Seadag.png
    Seadag.png
    796.2 KB · Views: 27
Hi Guys,
I need a little help getting some information on an old dive knife that I have, searched the web with no luck.
Someone on here must know the knife.
It's a Technisub Seadag
The article appears on the knife page in the 1981 Technisub catalogue:

1699722270912.jpeg
Sorry about the low resolution of the scanned copy available to me.

Wow, thanks David, I have searched all over the World Wide Web with no joy and here it is on my door step, so to speak.
Don't suppose you have any history on it?
My model is I believe from the 60's.

Cheers.

Wow, thanks David, I have searched all over the World Wide Web with no joy and here it is on my door step, so to speak.
Don't suppose you have any history on it?
My model is I believe from the 60's.

Cheers.
Thank you for your interest, George. I've had another look at my Technisub catalogue scans, locating one circa 1976 that also features the Seadag:
1699804486234.jpeg
None of the other 1960s and 1970s Technisub catalogues in my possession - and my collection is incomplete - have this stiletto-like knife.

I also inspected my La Spirotechnique catalogue scans. La Spirotechnique was Technisub's partner in France and the two firms sold each other's products. Here I was more successful. Here is the knife page from the 1974 Spiro catalogue:
1699805299360.jpeg
The large picture appears to display the "Seadag" knife as "nouveau", i.e. a new product, so I conclude that the Technisub/La Spirotechnique Seadag knife was introduced in 1974.

One little twist in the tale. A 1972 La Spirotechnique catalogue features a "Spirokill" stiletto-style knife:
1699805634666.jpeg
Could the "Spirokill" have been renamed the "Seadag" a couple of years later? The item is absent from previous Technisub/Spiro catalogues, so if my hypothesis is correct, the design dates back to 1972 at the earliest. Hope all this helps.

If you want to do your own research on Technisub and La Spirotechnique catalogues, I recommend the complete catalogue section of the Blue Time Scuba History site.

Again, WOW David, you have an amazing collection, I am so jealous.
That helps me no end, great info, not only the Seadag but the Aquadag as well as I also
have one of these. The sheath is missing on both so the pictures also help me.
Thanks again.

George.

Hi David,
Can I pick your brains about another dive knife please? If I am being a pain at any time just
say.
I am looking for information now on a Wenoka dive knife and through my search I have found
that are no longer, when I had my Dive Shop we could expect Wenoka to sell well.
The one I still have is advertized as a Wenoka 7753 dive knife, from the 80's if I remember.

George.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom