Group Travel: Points of Contention

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

catherine96821:
It's fun to travel with friends, but things always come up. What are you "forced to do" when trying to be reasonable with your friends?

I am trying to explain to my friends that I don't want to be seen on Maui in a bright yellow rental Hummer. :lotsalove: (unless my bike will fit on the roof, or somebody's lap, so I guess it's negotiable) I vote for the Blazer, but so far I am losing.

As long as I don't have to eat in air conditioning or have to pay to eat at Morton's past my bedtime, I'll be okay....unless somebody drives like an idiot, or talks too loud at dinner, or gripes about me taking too long to get ready, or mocks my baggage.

Which auto is way past any reasonable point... there are a lot of things that do make a difference, but complaining about the color or the type of SUV is being way to picky.. unless everyone stuff will not fit...

On the other things.. you sure you are talking about friends here?

catherine96821:
I am trying to explain to my friends that I don't want to be seen on Maui in a bright yellow rental Hummer.

Forget the Hummer.... If you're in Maui, then you have to do the Highway to Hana, in which case you've got to get a convertable. I think it's a state law or something.

trucker girl:
Plus, I'll just hum a little Shania if you get too rowdy.

NOOOOOOOOOO!

nereas:
I would have taken her off your hands, is my point, entirely. :D

She looked like a troll. Extra body hair and all. I wouldn't have let you do that to yourself.

They are near the epitome of pretentiousness.

let's just say I don't need any help.

So...we compromised on blue. Then all we fought about was charging our phones and i-pods. Two lighters was just not enough. Then I have a bad habit of telling the men they need a bath and to go comb their hair, that is never appreciated. I just cannot help myself.

Almity, that shirt would have pushed me over the edge. ..and I always feel it is my job to tell people not to bellow on cell phones in nice restaurants too. geez, I am annoying.

JB, the perfect one, will be home soon. ( I told him, "honey don't take this the wrong way, but I REALLY miss you carrying all my stuff") camera gear, dive gear, clothes...I need a t-shirt that says "It's not ALL shoes and make-up!"

Have you seen the liftover height of the rear compartment of a Hummer? Very Diver un-friendly . . .you need a forklift to load a set of doubles in the back of that thing:shakehead:

you need a forklift to load a set of doubles in the back of that thing

No wonder my back is killing me. You know...it's enough to make me just want to be a freediver. Hauling gear and camera stuff for one day is a questionable pleasure /effort ratio. Bring the Marines HOME!

catherine96821:
Then I have a bad habit of telling the men they need a bath and to go comb their hair, that is never appreciated.

Ever wrap up deodorant and give it as a gift?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom