Group Travel: Points of Contention

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

trucker girl:
That's why I go solo! Of course, if I do a Blackbeard's cruise next year I'll make the sacrifice. I have really, really good earplugs. :D :popcorn:

:popcorn: indeed!

Blackbeard's is what I describe as down home and tribal. Not for the feignt of heart in terms of personal space! A bargain of a liveaboard, though.

I got to get some of that gel for the next liveaboard, cool!
It's a good attitude to have when traveling with groups. Of course there may be 1 or 2 people that insist things being their way, which can ruin a trip.
Hey...!

I'm not that bad!
:(

"And there will be a DAN tag check!"

Bratface:
My dive club had a troll--uh, I mean, woman--join one of our trips who was one of the strangest individuals I have ever met. Of course, she ended up being my roommate. The first night she turned off the AC in the middle of the night and failed to open the windows (in Honduras in April). Her next trick was to set the alarm at 5 AM "to go to the bathroom". Sure enough, at 5:00, the alarm kept ringing while she was in the bathroom. She also thought I should get her coffee first thing in the morning so she could sit on the porch and read until breakfast. Things got much worse.

In a matter of two days she had managed to alienate 14 people including the DM and boat captain. It was tempting not to push her off the boat. I ended up bunking in with one of the guys who had an extra bed in his room. I think it would have been appropriate to strap her into a yellow Hummer and send her off to sea.

I always make sure I am solo with a private room precisely in case of a wayward woman like this one who needs taming.

A nice candlelight dinner and a bottle of wine normally does the trick.

I would be happy to get her coffee in the morning.

Of course, by then, she will have earned it! :D

nereas:

Cable ties. Must remember to pack cable ties. Those long ones.

RoatanMan:
:popcorn: indeed!

Blackbeard's is what I describe as down home and tribal. Not for the feignt of heart in terms of personal space! A bargain of a liveaboard, though.

I'm willing to forgo privacy for a week on a sailboat. After all... dive, dive, dive! That ought to make up for any "issues" I run into.

RoatanMan:
Cable ties. Must remember to pack cable ties. Those long ones.

I always have cable ties in my save-a-dive kit which is always with me on any boat or beach. Lots of O-rings too of all sizes. And small tools. Nail clippers. O2 analyzer. Glow sticks for night diving. Etc.

trucker girl:
I'm willing to forgo privacy for a week on a sailboat. After all... dive, dive, dive! That ought to make up for any "issues" I run into.

Even if you're stuck with me?!!?? Just be thankful we didn't meet while I had that annoying Mmm Bop song the Hanson kids years ago. Ughh, it took forever to get that out of my head! :wink:

nereas:
I always have cable ties in my save-a-dive kit which is always with me on any boat or beach. Lots of O-rings too of all sizes. And small tools. Nail clippers. O2 analyzer. Glow sticks for night diving. Etc.

I don't think he meant for the cable ties to be used for scuba purposes. :14:

One thing that I always take with me on any trip is ear plugs.

nereas:
I always make sure I am solo with a private room precisely in case of a wayward woman like this one who needs taming.

I would be happy to get her coffee in the morning.

Of course, by then, she will have earned it! :D

uhhh, I AM a woman. Why would I want to have a bottle of wine and a dinner with another woman???? Besides. She was a psycho. Lucky for my guy dive buddy when I asked to bunk in with him.

Steve_Dives:
Even if you're stuck with me?!!?? Just be thankful we didn't meet while I had that annoying Mmm Bop song the Hanson kids years ago. Ughh, it took forever to get that out of my head! :wink:

The waves will drown you out. Plus, I'll just hum a little Shania if you get too rowdy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom