Group Trip in August Suggestions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

leaveonlybubbles

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Planning to take a trip of divers someplace fun in August... ideally looking for:
-Relatively low cost
-Easily reached and quick from DC so we can do a 4-5 day trip
-Not a fan of the all-inclusive so looking for someplace with good hotel and food options

Looking for suggestions... Locations, Dive Ops, Places to Stay...
What would be your preference... considering Cozumel, but...

Thanks
_M

Gilboa Quarry?

or maybe :search: on :sblogo: ?

Planning to take a trip of divers someplace fun in August... ideally looking for:
-Relatively low cost
-Easily reached and quick from DC so we can do a 4-5 day trip
-Not a fan of the all-inclusive so looking for someplace with good hotel and food options

Looking for suggestions... Locations, Dive Ops, Places to Stay...
What would be your preference... considering Cozumel, but...

Thanks
_M

How many people? How many divers? How many dives do you want to do per day? What other activities do you want to do?

A 4-5 dive trip is pretty short, and since you can't dive the last day it limits your options. Especially during August (late summer-hurricane season) flights are limited.

Cozumel is the cheapest, there are lots of inexpensive places to stay, like Hotel Cozumel that are walking distance to town and food options. There is also Casa del Mar, a little farther from town but still considered a budget hotel with dive op on site. Check out some of the deals here:
Caradonna Dive Adventures - Dive Travel and Vacations
Bay Adventures :: Dive Adventures and Island Vacations :: 888.599.3483

:D

Thanks guys... yeah, I was imagining we'd have 5-10 divers... Thanks for the Cozumel suggestions, that's been what I've been thinking given that I wanted a low-cost, easy option and I've done trips there before. Definitely looking for as many dives per day as possible since, on such a short trip, it'd be dive, dive, dive...

Was also considering Belize or maybe Roatan... Several of my favorite spots (Utila, Little Corn Island, Galapagos) are just not ideal for that timeframe... and I'm looking to get away from the all-inclusives...

open to other good ideas!

Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom