GUE Demo Day - SoCal - 10/17 - Free!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rainer

Contributor
Reaction score
Posting this on Steve's behalf. Should be a lot of fun!

---------------

GUE Demo Day - Free Event - Sunday Oct 17, 2010

This is a great opportunity to meet LA's GUE Instructors Steven Millington & Karim Hamza, try gear in the pool & learn about Global Underwater Explorers.

Come and find out more about the GUE organization and training...

* Check out diving in a backplate / wing & longhose
* Try some non-silting propulsion techniques
* Learn about advanced buoyancy control techniques
* Experience team positioning & communication
* Try a single tank configuration, or try a set of doubles

GUE Instructors and GUE divers will be on site facilitating, giving demos
& answering questions.

All gear (backplates/wings/long hoses/tanks/weights) provided FREE for this event.

You'll need to provide:
Mask, fins/boots, wetsuit, towel and certification card.
_ _ _

Registration is required!
So we can bring enough sets of gear, we ask you please call us to reserve your
space for the demo: 818-749-3483

Date: Sunday Oct 17, 2010

Time: 8am -12 Noon

8120 Vanalden Ave., Reseda, California 91335

After the demo: We'll grab lunch, have a fun Q & A and view photos from the session.

Don't miss out!

These demo days are really a lot of fun....especially if you're interested and want to see what it's all about or you want to try that bp/w and long hose set-up that you haven't tried before.

Last time, I got to try out a few different sets of doubles and check myself out in the underwater mirror they have on one side of the pool....nice set-up and fun people! Hope you can check it out :D

If you have not had the chance to meet Steve Millington, what the heck are you waiting for??? Get over to this event!!

Steve is a great instructor. :)

Okay I just registered! Looking forward to it! :)

A friend that is an amazing diver credited Karim with "best in-water skills I've seen." If I'm off, I'll get registered. He taught a friend of mine that, as a new diver, is a GREAT dive buddy.

What is the cutoff date for registration?

Hey Guys,
For the Oct 17th GUE demo, please let me know by Friday Oct 15th, as we'll be bringing gear and need to have an idea of how many people will be joining us.
GUE Demo Day :: L.A. SCUBA DIVING - Professional Scuba Instruction Los Angeles

Also, come out to the October 9th get together at Heisler Park in Laguna - a great way to meet new dive buddies, talk with Instructors and have some fun:
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/so...re-dive-event-october-9th-heisler-laguna.html

Hope to see you at these events!

Sounds like a number of SBers are getting out for this Demo Day. :)

There are *still* spaces available, so if you'd like to go, please join! Remember, it's all FREE (pool entrance, gear + cylinder use, instructional feedback, etc).

Do make sure to give Steve a ring to confirm if you're coming.

Please also consider joining for the Oct 9th event in Laguna.

Steve told me he has 13 people signed up for this event....that's awesome!! If you're interested in joining, but have not yet contacted Steve Millington, please do so by October 15th.

Should be a lot of fun and a great opportunity to try out some new equipment, learn some new skills, and hang out with fun people :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom