GUE Demo Day - SoCal - 10/17 - Free!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:( Just found out I can't go to this. We've got a friend from back East coming out, and hubby promised to take him out for a sail on our boat on Sunday. He can't very well go sailing without his first mate (that would be me :cool2:). So I guess I'm going sailing instead.

I'm VERY glad that I got to attend the DIR day last Saturday! I was hoping to have purchased my bp/w rig before this weekend so I could try it out when I go out on Mr. C this Saturday, but things got crazy at the office this week and I didn't get a chance. I'll try for next week, and I'm still planning on singing up for a GUE fundies course as soon as possible. So I'm bummed that I'll miss this event, but I think I learned what I needed to learn to know I want to move forward with this.

:( Just found out I can't go to this. We've got a friend from back East coming out, and hubby promised to take him out for a sail on our boat on Sunday. He can't very well go sailing without his first mate (that would be me :cool2:). So I guess I'm going sailing instead.

I'm VERY glad that I got to attend the DIR day last Saturday! I was hoping to have purchased my bp/w rig before this weekend so I could try it out when I go out on Mr. C this Saturday, but things got crazy at the office this week and I didn't get a chance. I'll try for next week, and I'm still planning on singing up for a GUE fundies course as soon as possible. So I'm bummed that I'll miss this event, but I think I learned what I needed to learn to know I want to move forward with this.

Good and sorta bad news that you can't make it but having to go sailing isn't a bad second!

I'm looking forward to this event and getting to try out some different gear. Should be a lot of fun!

Thank you Steve, Karim, Bob, and Hollywood Divers for putting on this wonderful event. It was educational and very fun. If anybody is unsure if they should go to this next time... do it!

Great event today....huge thanks to Steve, Bob, and Karim for putting it on!

It was so nice to see such a good turn out. I think there were something like 15 divers joining for the demo day....and a few of us who came out to support, take pictures, and work on skills of our own. I'm so excited about seeing our community grow.

Thanks to all who came out! And like Eric said, if you're curious but unsure, definitely come out and see what this is all about next time :D

Yes, lots of fun! Steve, Karim, and Bob did a great job working with all the new-to-DIR divers. Was really nice to see such a great turn out. Seems like everyone enjoyed themselves.

Pool was warm, no salt to deal with, got to avoid the rain, and the vis was excellent! :)

Just want to thank Bob for getting up at 5am to drive up from San Diego for the event and Karim/Steve for hauling tanks, gear, and setting up the event. I had such a terrific time and met so many interesting people. While it has been over five years since I took fundies, I still consider it to be the game-changer for my diving. And it was so cool to see everyone in the water having fun, being excited, and getting to that "aha!" moment when things started to make sense! I love it! For those who are interested in GUE, you have an open invitation to ping me, ask me questions and/or let's go diving! -Charles

Thanks to everyone for getting up early and joining us today - you helped make this event fun and successful. I'm very excited to see our GUE community grow!

(If you missed this demo, no worries. We'll be having another early Spring 2011.)

As I mentioned, I'm always available if you have questions or want to go dive - let me know!

Best,

Thanks to everyone for getting up early and joining us today - you helped make this event fun and successful. I'm very excited to see our GUE community grow!

(If you missed this demo, no worries. We'll be having another early Spring 2011.)

As I mentioned, I'm always available if you have questions or want to go dive - let me know!

Best,

That's great to know. :crafty:

Back
Top Bottom