GUE / DIR Dive Day at Pennyroyal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GUEdiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hello all,

For those who are interested in learning more about GUE / DIR and meeting divers in this realm, this might be for you. No previous experience or training is required, just the desire to have fun and learn something:

GUE / DIR Dive Day
Hosted by Mid-South and Bluegrass Underwater Explorers (MSUE / BGUE)
at Pennyroyal Blue Springs Resort (Hopkinsville, KY)
Saturday, Sept. 20, 2008

This is a FREE event: your only expenses are the same as any other dive day (site admission, tank fills, snacks, etc.)

This is a chance to learn about the GUE diving philosophy, do some fun diving, and even try some new equipment. Everyone is welcome, from absolute beginner to seasoned diver. No GUE training or DIR experience is necessary. GUE Instructor Ed Gabe will give a free presentation and an in-water skills demonstration. Diving will take place all day Saturday, plus some will stick around to camp out, dive at night, and on Sunday morning. Pennyroyal Scuba has a lunch stand, and we'll be grilling out, pot luck style. Pennyroyal offers good visibility, excellent on-site facilities, lots of things to see under water, and depths to 120'.

Tentative Schedule for Saturday, Sept. 20:
Morning: fun dives
Noon: Pot luck lunch
1:00pm: Presentation by Ed Gabe: Intro to GUE and DIR diving
2:30pm: Skills demonstration dive
3:30pm: More fun diving and equipment test dives
Evening: more food and fun, possibly night dives, etc.

Sunday, Sept. 21:
Morning: fun dives
Afternoon: travel home

RSVP is required; please contact Mike Loyco at mikeloyco@gmail.com.

Websites for more info:
Welcome To Ky's Beautiful Blue Springs Resort
BetterDiving.com
MS-UE : Mid-South Underwater Explorers
Bluegrass Underwater Explorers

This is Julie (yes Chris, Lou didnt take your advice about not letting me use his account (insert evil laugh). Hope to see a bunch of you KPP'ers there. Its gonna be a fun weekend meeting new people and learning new stuff.

Julie, you really need to just get your own name....and STOP lurking!!

I'm going to make plans for this...Thanks for the email heads up Ed!!

well help me think of a name you ole coke addict you. Hes bound to throw me off his account any day now lol. Oh ummm sorry for jacking your thread Ed. Omg that rymed.

Im a little dissapointed snacks are not included but ..well you know..such is life

:(:(:(:(:(

I wrote up a cute little note for my boss last night, to get this day off. He looked at me like I was on CRACK!!

September 20th is the last day of Ryder Cup here in Louisville. It's like Derby part TWO for us at the restaurant. No way I'm going to make it down!!

Sorry Guys!

Service business' is a (*&^%$# I know, been there for years, really bites when it comes to trip planning for me. Next we have to deal with the Saddle horse, whatever, event.

:(:(:(:(:(

I wrote up a cute little note for my boss last night, to get this day off. He looked at me like I was on CRACK!! COKE :rofl3:

September 20th is the last day of Ryder Cup here in Louisville. It's like Derby part TWO for us at the restaurant. No way I'm going to make it down!!

Sorry Guys!

Halcyon Queen, Queen Halcyon?

Chris, she said dont be a hater cause your jealous of the big blue "H" (Shes laughing) She says you know she loves you and you can try her halcon anytime lol.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom