GUE Fundamentals in Gulf?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bongabonga

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi,

My name is Primaresa, I'm Indonesian and currently working in Oman for the next few years.
I have been in touch with local GUE Instructor Olly Agbebi, and very interested in taking the class as my intro to tech diving.

The instructor have small dive shop in Muscat, and also could provide accomodation if preferred by person coming from outside Oman.
Muscat has lots of dive sites, all within 30 minutes of driving and short boat ride. perfect for doing fundamentals class.

I'm looking for GUE Fundamentals classmate to take the class together, preferably after the hot season in Middle East region.
I think I can be very flexible in scheduling the Fundamentas course (4 days) since I'm living in Muscat.

Welcome to the sand pit Primaresa.

Oman has some fantastic diving, a lot better than up here in UAE, although coming from Indonesia you might be a bit disappointed. Best on offer is the Damaniyat Islands.

Good luck with your request! I am trying to do the same thing only in the Philippines this summer - I put a notice on this board too but so far no takers!

MT

Hi Searcaigh,

I see you are very active and keeping this Gulf forum alive, it would be nice to meet you in person.
Yes, I've been in Dimaniyat Island, it is indeed very nice with lots of honeycomb moray eels. Actually, moray eels are everywhere in Muscat :D
My favourite dive site is Fahal Island, nice and easy dive with little current and only 20 minutes boat ride from Bandr Al Rowdha.

---------- Post added April 16th, 2013 at 08:16 AM ----------

Good luck with your request! I am trying to do the same thing only in the Philippines this summer - I put a notice on this board too but so far no takers!

MT

Well, lets see :D
Inshallah is the way people say it here :D

Hi Primaresa,

I will be down in Oman most likely in the next month or two.

Fahal is a good site, not dived it for some time though, neat little wreck to the south of the island, and the reef next to it is covered with morays.

I heard here in Oman between June-July is the best diving season - water is warm (28 C) and visibility is good.
Would recommed Eurodivers Oman for diving on the east coast (Fahal Island, Bandr Al Khairan, Oman Navy Wreck), nice and friendly employee and DM.
To dive in dimaniyat island there is Dimaniyat Diving.

just PM me OK if you want dive buddy :D

I will give you a shout when I am heading down.

Hi Primaresa,

I might be interested in joining you for the course. I'm also living in Muscat and would like continue my diving education a bit but don't really feel like doing a PADI divemaster so this sounds quite interesting.

Possibly heading down to Muscat next week, yet to be confirmed, planning on diving the Damaniyats from Suwadi Beach Resort next Thursday 23rd May

Searcaigh, too bad I am on vacation next week... right on the day you came here until 9th of June (I'm going on diving trip to Bunaken :D)
Have fun!!! :bounce3:

Jarno, I sent you a PM, please check :wink:

Back
Top Bottom