GUE Primer Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

romad119

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My girlfriend and I finished a GUE primer course with Hans Drexler in Germany today. After she received a mediocre OW course elsewhere and after she read some of my books to include the one by Jim Lapenta, she knew she had missed out on many things. I finally had a partner who might not have an excuse in avoiding taking some DIR related course with me!

I showed her the GUE website and started asking her about her thoughts on pursuing first Primer and later Fundies. So after finishing today we learned so much and realized the things we had been doing fairly well and many other things we can work on mastering.

We both enjoyed the video feedback and the crawl-walk-run approaches that I'm familiar with through the military. We are already coming up with drills to keep sharp the newly acquired skills that range from knowledge to exercises to keep the required body tension. Both of us have sore body parts that assisted in pointing out weak areas such as flexibility and under utlized muscle groups.

The instructor and assistants were extremely knowledgeable and all the logistics were first class. I highly recommend this to anyone from new diver to old. My girlfriend completed her 11th dive at the end of the course and I might be jealous of her trim... I could see few who couldn't capitalize on such great training.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom