GUE Red Sea Event 9/11

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wet vs Dry -- The Students and Instructor Corps were dry during class but most switched to wet upon graduation. I think only Lynne, Heather and Karim stayed dry the whole time.

With water temps in the mid-80s for much of the trip, I was too hot with my 5mm now and then (something that was a new concept to me!).

Thanks Lynne for the wonderful write-up! I haven't been getting on to SB as frequently these days, but it was nice stumbling on this thread. I'm not much for writing reports and such as I am more the picture type, so here is a sampling of some of the shots for the week.

Sunset on the Red Sea
egypt-sep2011-24.jpg

Crown Jelly Fish
egypt-sep2011-08.jpg

"Wait for me!!!!" Turtle trying to catch up to Kim and Mark....
egypt-sep2011-43.jpg

Reef wall
egypt-sep2011-12.jpg

Napoleon Wrasse going "WTF?"
egypt-sep2011-15.jpg

Lynne
egypt-sep2011-04.jpg

Nudi!
egypt-sep2011-05.jpg

Moray!
egypt-sep2011-06.jpg

Self portraits
egypt-sep2011-07.jpg

Tech 1 class in progress. Brings back memories… except for the warm water and the visibility and no gloves, and the thin exposure protection….
egypt-sep2011-03.jpg

Faisal monkeying around
egypt-sep2011-40.jpg

What a great dive trip ! Amazing photos TSM and Peter Guy. But WarrenL your pictures are just incredible.

I now realise that I am too easy to please where visibility is concerned. I am pleased if I can see my guages. Anything more is a bonus. The Red Sea looks incredible !

One of the most fun dives I did on the whole trip was a night dive with Warren and Kelly Rodgers. I'd scout, find stuff I thought was cool, and wave one of the awesome photographers over to take pictures of it. Symbiosis!

I saw some of the videos from your trip and I'm completely speechless.

The bucket list just got a little bigger.

Like Warren, I don't drop in here often enough... Lynne, what a great write up thanks for taking the time to create it with pictures too! Peter, love your jelly pic! Warren as usual great pics.

A couple critters Lynne found on our night dive. (you can scout for me any time! :wink: )
tinyhermitcrab.jpg

lobster-1.jpg

Warren taking care of his GI issues....
Warrencrapper.jpg

Faisal, owner of Red Sea Explorers, is the father of all Monkey divers. He can help you release your inner Monkey:
Monkeydiving1.jpg

Monkeydiving2.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom