Guinness Record breaker at Gilboa Quarry July 2009

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cruiser

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Is the GLWC group organizing or promoting the Guinness Book of World Records event at Gilboa Quarry in July (most divers in the water at one time)?

That would be cool to be a part of. Haven't read anything on the board about it (other than the advert) so just wondered :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the GLWC group organizing or promoting the Guinness Book of World Records event at Gilboa Quarry in June (most divers in the water at one time)?

That would be cool to be a part of. Haven't read anything on the board about it (other than the advert) so just wondered :)

It has been discussed on the boards before. We are not offically organizing anything, as a group. Mike tried to get everyone to sign up when we were there for fall meetngreet and I'm not sure how many actually did. Your more than welcome to participate if you want and of course give us a full report on your return.

The general consensus at the Fall MTG was that would be a great weekend to avoid.

1 out of 3 will have atleast one of the following:

1) Loose tank stap(s)
2) Dangling Octo
3) Some ungodly colored wetsuit
4) Or permanent mask lines upon surfacing

There are a couple threads about it (here and here) and Scubaboard will definitely have quite a few members there, we just try not to spam the board. I'm the local Scubaboard moderator and will be participating in the event (ears and all) and I should have plenty of Scubaboard stickers to hand out! It's going to be crazy busy but crazy fun as well. Come on out and join the fray! It's going to be a once-in-a-lifetime event for sure :D

I'll be happy to supply you with any information you might need!

Hey Jep, why don't you come out and join us, I'd love to see you again :D (You hid behind NetDoc the whole time in Chicago :rofl:)
Ber

The general consensus at the Fall MTG was that would be a great weekend to avoid.

No, that was the consensus of John and Ted. Lots of people? Lots of action? Some confusion? Lots of fun? You bet, on all counts. This will be probably the biggest gathering of divers ever; it will be the unofficial record-breaking gathering of its kind. If you all think Meet & Greet is a great time, just think of the party on Fri. and Sat. nights that will take place on that weekend!! I wouldn't miss this for anything. I already passed up a wedding photo booking for that weekend, so add another K to my reservation fee. I would love to see the GLWC flag flying above our campsite on that weekend, and I would love to see the familiar bunkhouse near by. John, just think of all the signatures you could get on your dive trailer. Com'on guys, call Gilboa before Jan. 1 and get signed up for $50. If you show up on Jan. 1 to dive, I'll bet anything Mike will let you sign up at the original reservation fee. You don't want to miss this event!:no:

Ah, thanks for the info. This sounds like it will be a blast.

I thought it was in JULY not June like the OP has in the title... I believe it's the weekend of the 19th of July...

Back
Top Bottom