Gulf Coast Oil Spill

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Unfortunately all the different parties involved seem to be more interested in blaming each other and playing politics than in finding ways to fix this.

What is even more worrying is that now suddenly estimates of oil been released are up from 5000 barrels a day to between 12000-19000 a day. Spill biggest US enviro disaster: News24: World: News and theres suggestions the oil could gush untill August.!!

I dont understand it, BP is struggeling to control the well, yet appears unwilling to accept assistance from experts in other countries, many of whom have said they are willing to help if asked. I just find it strange,one would think they would grab any help offered with open arms.?

What is even more worrying is that now suddenly estimates of oil been released are up from 5000 barrels a day to between 12000-19000 a day. Spill biggest US enviro disaster: News24: World: News and theres suggestions the oil could gush untill August.!!

I dont understand it, BP is struggeling to control the well, yet appears unwilling to accept assistance from experts in other countries, many of whom have said they are willing to help if asked. I just find it strange,one would think they would grab any help offered with open arms.?

Our D---A-- president :dork2: made some lame excuse. I don't believe it, their country is nothing but oil wells so they are experts on these things.

Excellent point. Amazingly, our executive branch (Obama) has placed the entire burden of stopping the spill and cleanup on BP. This is and has always been a national crisis. Even with the deep pockets of BP acquiring the expertise and assistance of countries like Norway, etc. has to make them flinch from a financial perspective.

This recent column by a moderate Republican hits on this point very well IMO. BP is being isolated purely for political reasons which is a travesty IMO...

Peggy Noonan: He Was Supposed to Be Competent - WSJ.com

Last edited:
Anyone who's been paying attention knows that corporations run everything in this country, but the funny thing is that BP isn't even an American company. Why are they being shown such deference?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom