Guy Harvey Dive Monday October 9th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Padipro

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
South Florida Diving HQ is running the Safari Diver out to the wreck of the Guy Harvey at 9am Monday the 9th of October. There are two of us that are interested in doing this dive but we'll need a few more divers to make the trip happen.

This is an advanced dive due to the depth of the wreck, 145 to the sand, so if you have the day off, are an advanced diver and would like to join us for a dive on a great wreck let me know and call South Florida Diving HQ for information.

I usually work Mondays as well but through a freak of nature I have this Monday off so figured why waist it sitting on dry land when I can get wet. :D

What are the op's policies regarding decompression incursions, and what are the costs? I may be in. Also, where do I need to be to catch the boat? Are you diving dubs? What's your favorite color? Why is pound abreviated "lb"?

Depends, we've been allowed to do deco with these guys before but not necessarly on a recreational trip. If no one else signs up for the trip and we are the only people on board then I don't see why we couldn't do whatever we wanted. I left a message at the dive shop for them to call me but that won't be until tomorrow sometime. I'll ask them about all that when I speak to them. Normal trip price is $50 but a tech trip is $70 so again until I talk to them I don't know exactly what they will charge us.

I'll post the answeres to all these questions when I find out. Either way, deco or not, I'm going. I need to test out the new lighting system for my video camera before a big tech dive we have planned on the 21st.

I'm diving doubles with EAN 28 and carring a stage with EAN 50 for deco.

Blue and I have no idea. LOL

You can check out the web site if you want more info.

As much as I would love to go, I am worrking mon.

PadiPro (Scott) heard back from S. Florida Diving HQ and they confirmed that deco on this dive is fine. They did ask us to keep total run time to 60min on this dive. As they have a few recreational divers on board, they will be doing a second, shallower dive.

Scott and I are diving 28% for backgas and 50% for deco gas.

Hope some of you can make it. Marine forecast looks good for Monday!

8:30am show. 9:00am GO...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom