guys,before you consider any sport...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given that diving is one of the few sports where you are required to learn about the dangers and safe procedures, and prove that you have a minimum skill level and understanding, before anybody will even take you out to do it, this thread rates about 0 on the usefulness scale.

The Dangers of Scuba Diving

Holy Crap! Nitrogen Poisoning! All these years of diving and no one ever told me about nitrogen poisoning!

Obviously, the mainstream training agencies have failed us and endangered our lives! Worse yet, the dangers of nitrogen poisoning have been concealed by a conspiracy to protect the financial interests of the dive industry!

"Nitrogen Poisoning"

"When Nitrogen Poisoning occurs they diver becomes very light headed and disoriented underwater. If the diver doesnt imediately make their return to the surface they will die. If the scuba diver does make it out then they will need to stay in a decompression tank till symptoms wear off."

i don't know where you got those threads??????, havent' seen that before, PLUS, you and i are aware that "M"s can edit/delete/ADD threads ,words in your account without you knowing it, they have the ability to open your account and manipulate it. i thought you know it already???!!! well now you know. please don't set me up sir.

If you look at your own profile you can see any post you have made. These posts were made from your account.

And I hope you know I am also a moderator, or an "M" as you like to call us (although am only posting as a diver in this thread). So now you have basically called me a liar and said I or one of my colleagues manipulated posts you have made. That tells me all I need to know about you.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Having once again having had to delete a number of rude, name-calling posts, this is the second (and last) warning I will be issuing. Henceforth, anyone posting anything mean-spirited will be issued an infraction. Marg, ScubaBoard Senior Moderator

Agreed. The link is to a page that is utter nonsense. Full of misinformation and a detriment to the entire dive community. As are some other links that were posted.

A better action would be to lock or delete the entire thread. It needs to go away from this area. Or put in whine and cheese or whatever that's called now or the humor forum.
Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

With all due respect, your "eye opening" is not needed. Read the majority of posts about training and you will see how many people are promoting safety. Every one of knows or should know that we are in an environment that is not conducive to human life. It is a risk (and not as big a risk as you would have people believe) that we are willing to take to be part of the 70% of the planet that most people never get to see.

I understand if you have an aversion to diving, it's not for everybody. But coming into our house just to discourage people is a waste of effort, and honestly annoying. Trust me, if you have read as many posts in the accidents forum as you say you have, you'd see that almost every incident is attributed by those of us that dive to either a bad decision by the diver, or a lack of education. So forgive me if I suggest you find a new soapbox and leave us to our sport, hobby, lifestyle, whatever you want to call it, to those of us that love it.

Uh oh, you went and fed the troll.

---------- Post added June 3rd, 2013 at 06:40 AM ----------

Posts that contain personal attacks are moderated/deleted/censored, which makes total sense to me.....we need to be able to argue/discuss without getting personal....but when the entire purpose of a forum is to promote scuba diving, shouldn't posts or posters that attack the sport/hobby/pastime with illogical arguments also be moderated/censored or banned ?

Are we not allowed to call a troll a troll here? Troll (Internet) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

---------- Post added June 3rd, 2013 at 06:47 AM ----------

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Having once again having had to delete a number of rude, name-calling posts, this is the second (and last) warning I will be issuing. Henceforth, anyone posting anything mean-spirited will be issued an infraction. Marg, ScubaBoard Senior Moderator

Is calling a spade a spade or a troll a troll rude? As a moderator of a public forum, you should know better.

Troll (Internet) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Give that link a read, then spend a bit of time in one of the many un-moderated forums to see examples of trolling. You may decide that the troll should be banned not the members calling him/her out.

i don't know where you got those threads??????, havent' seen that before, PLUS, you and i are aware that "M"s can edit/delete/ADD threads ,words in your account without you knowing it, they have the ability to open your account and manipulate it. i thought you know it already???!!! well now you know. please don't set me up sir.

Yes, moderators can edit a post someone else has made. When we do, a line appears at the bottom of the post that says "Last edited by" and gives the name of the moderator who edited it.

I am guessing this website was created by you, since it appears to contain the same writing style as your posts.

I would point out that that you might want to check your math. The atmospheric pressure doesn't double every 30 feet, if it did, 4 ata would be at 60 feet, and 90 feet would be 8 ata.

You may also do a little research on nitrogen poisoning, never heard of that before.

then again, maybe one of the moderators made this web page :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom