Habitat Curacao Internet?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver Lori

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Anybody know what the Internet setup is at Habitat? And the cost? I may have to do some work, or at the very least check on the parental units.

TIA!

You can check your e-mail from the internet access point in our game room or in most rooms and restaurant area and pooldeck by a prepaid wireless connection.
If it's the same one they had in May 2007, I had to sit in the lobby to use it - couldn't connect from the bar.

Do you recall the cost? Last year in Tahiti it was about $35 for an extremely slow service for 60 minutes.

Early this year, Habitat charge $25/week for Internet service. But that was before Coral Estate purchased the resort, so I am not sure if prices have changed.

Wireless Internet | Habitat Curacao

It was pretty slow - like slow DSL. That may be typical on Curacao, friends used my laptop near the convention area in Piscadera Bay and remarked how slow it was also. At the time I had a 54MBPS wireless-G card.

I didn't pay anything, the night mgr. gave me the access code - it was a very slow night so he was glad to have someone to talk to.

OMG....Coral Estates purchased Habitat?! I hope they take better care of it than the former owners. The place has tons of potential in the right hands.

I agree, hope they spruce it up. If they need help, the wife and I would be willing to move down there. :D

As for internet, when we were there, it was free.. I remember logging in from the bar area to view our pooch on the dogie cam. That was a long while ago though.

OMG....Coral Estates purchased Habitat?! I hope they take better care of it than the former owners. The place has tons of potential in the right hands.

Yep, the purchase has been in the works for a long time. Coral Estates has already moved their rental and management operations down there.

When I was down there in early July, they were working on the 'beach' area and clearing debris. They have replaced a few roofs and I understand updating rooms. I took a swim in their infinity pool - it is huge, but needed a serious cleaning. Also, unless you are 6' tall, you have to wade water while hanging on to the infinity edge. Me being only 5'2", it was not comfortable nor relaxing, and you lose your grip quickly. Who the heck designed that pool? The wooden bridge over the pool should be condemned. Do not lean against the railing, or else you might just wind up in the pool unexpectedly. It is so rotted and cracked, I can't believe they have left it operational. The hotel room was very basic, clean and has a decent amount of space. Has a microwave, mini frig, and a coffee maker. Had plenty of hot water, though it needed a new shower head badly. And don't get me started with the restaurant, Oceans. It is seriously in need of attention and changes and a good chef.

Coral Estate has a lot of changes planned and realize that it really is a gold mine in the rough. Remember, things work on 'island time' so it will still be quite a while before folks see a major change. I have high hopes that Habitat will undergo a wonderful transition. Easy Divers still remains a separate entity and Ann is also hopeful for improvements to the resort.

Flamingo
FlamingoVilla.com, Curacao Luxury Rental

Thanks for the info Flamingovilla. So how does that work with the home owners in coral estates? Do you have something like home owners dues that are going towards this or is it separated? I completely agree about that wooden bridge. It was pretty bad last June when we were there. I can't imagine what it looked like after I saw the condition of their missing shore dive ladder & dock after that hurricane! Almost all the wood in the dive area felt like it was going to break. Oceans restaurant definitely could use improvement, I had an interesting beef/goat burger there. Lets hope they get it on the right track because it really has some good potential.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom