Haigh Quarry on Saturday?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Excellent, I'll be there both days too. My GF will be with me on Sunday, but not Saturday, so I'll be looking for a buddy...

For personal reasons I have postponed my Deep Diver Training Dives at Pearl Lake this weekend but would enjoy a leisurely fun dive.

Saturday or Sunday works for me. I've got my steel HP120 so I can now stay down all the way to the NDL!

Jason, I like your cruising speed, are you really looking to solo Sunday or would you mind dragging a few of us OC guys around with you?

Kyphur,

I sincerely hope you're interested in Saturday. Otherwise get your own Sunday thread! ;-)

Anyway, I also dive slow because I frog kick, so if speed is a problem you needn't worry. If you're really interested in pushing the NDLs I can bring my 40 ft^3 pony and match your 120.

Speaking of solo, are they ****s about this or would they look the other way if you have redundancy? I just realized that jepuskar is an instructor, so it might be different for him than for mere mortals?

Regarding the Solo, Haigh doesn't require you check-in with a buddy and I understand they have an instructor working there who teaches the SDI Solo Diver Course. At Pearl, you have to check-in with a buddy or sign-in on a Shop/Instructor's sheet and they do require you check-out at the end.

Even though Jepuskar is an instructor when CCR he's wet behind the ears like the rest of us lowly divers!

BTW, if this thread is going to go the way of "Mine's bigger than your's" I could always move one set of the pony bands to my 120 and take a whopping 150 cuft of air down with me :cool2:

Saturday works just fine for me, what time and where should we meet?

Good, I figured we should dive some time, I've heard good things about you...

Does early work for you? I have to be somewhere at 5, so maybe if we meet +/- 8? I have to rent a car so I can't really say what I'll be driving. Let's maybe try to set up by the west dock--I'll try to claim a table if I get there first. As for identifying features, I'll have a Halcyon BP/W rig, a blue Rubbermaid tote, and probably a cigarette dangling out of my mouth ;-) I'll PM you my number just in case.

Looking forward to it!

If i can convince my wife to let me get a dive in in the morning I might show up. Was there last weekend with Duane and it was nice out there....I have a black grand prix and if i get the ok i'll be there around 8....but don't count on me...but if i show i'll swim with someone...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom