Hair control

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Carol's daughter product called "Mimosa Hair honey" ... smells great & conditions and my 1.5mm hood helps too, without it my hair is a snarled mess!

I have thick curly hair and the only thing that will hold my hair in the water is a fabric schruncie. It seems that when the fabric gets wet, it holds tighter.

I've been using a new gel made from an extremely water resistant polymer that even keeps my hair in place during attacks from vicious sea creatures. I recommend it highly!!!!

1185065807_Grunts-revenge.jpg

I have shoulder length fine hair, so I ends up with the wispies all around my face, no matter what I used to pull it back. I ended up using 'Dee Rags' for a number of years (made by Dee here on SB) and then just recently bought a couple of Squid caps from a link someone else had shared out on the boards. I'd always been interested, as my DM in Coz wears one, but they were pricey. This site - the prices were great, so I bought two. We'll see how they work for my Florida trip.

Welcome to the home of Dee Rags!
Highfeedback's Squid Cap is for scuba diving, water sports & paintball!

Mine is fine and straight so may not help with the curleys nor medusa.

French braid from the very top, ton of spray on leave in conditioner seems to stick the wisps back pretty well. Splash some water before putting on hood and slick it back too, for bangs mostly. Put on hood carefully, aiming to use it to also pull back all the strays. Mask on carefully hanging on to the hood to keep from pulling it back too far.
Have to say, found nothing to look more than ‘sporty’ as in wearing heels will look really out of place.
A lot more spray on conditioner before combing out the braid with a fat tooth comb. Tangling a big problem and begin combing from the bottom of each strand. Once up to neck it’s a nightmare so a lot more spray on conditioner.

When my hair was long I also kept a small bottle of spray-on detangler (I used VO5 Detangle and shine, which is cheap and works) in my dive bag for use after diving. It made a big difference.

I keep a small bottle of "bio-silk" in my dive bag. i have very fine (but loads of) curly hair and it flies away and tangles into a mess.

2nd benefit of bio-silk is it can also be used on your skin, so i also rub it on my legs, feet, arms, hands, etc during surface intervals to help fight the crazy dryness.

Also, the quarries I am usually in have so many little creatures that I never find myself without a hood anyway, so even though it adds to the tangles, it takes care of the flyaways (as long as I can get it all into the hood!)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom