Halcyon BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

"Yeah, but it's still a horseshoe design, which sucks for a single tank wing."

Oh, give me a break...

Go with Halcyon if you can get one.... otherwise any backplate with a simple (read:cheap...and cheap to replace) single continous piece of webbing for the harness. No plastic buckles to break off, no velcro or snaps to confuse things.

i have a dive- rite wing , took of the pull down inflater and replaced with halycon infater hose , i have no strings , so i know that it's equiverlent to halycon 55 lbs wing ,I LOVE IT DIR.

I love my Halcyon Eclipse wing. Its a single tank, 40lb. donut wing that dumps nicely (for me). My local dive shop owner swears by Halcyon too and he's a serious cave diver. But it is true that they are pricey.... but very quality gear.

Where are some places that are competetively priced for a Halcyon bp&wing? I know about 5th D but are there any places that can beat there prices? Just wondering because I haven't seen much competition when it comes to Halcyon. Any other sites other than 5th D

Halcyon has Fair Trade Pricing which sets a minimum selling price for their gear. So you might find it other places, but the prices are the same.

Pretty crappy if you ask me.

I have the Halcyon Eclipse 40lb wing and love it. I have used it with a steel HP120 and find it very comfortable. My trim improved a lot since I switched over to a BP/Wing design. The only problem I have with the system is the outer shell. In one corner, about 1 inch of the seam is coming apart. But for what i read around here, the shell is bulletproof. I am sure it is nothing.

Sometimes you can find discounts in package deals. For example I know a shop in San Diego that a year ago was selling the Scubapro Mk 18, G250, and R390 along with a 36lb Pioneer system for about $849 or $899.

Also, Halcyon treated my very well after I got a hole in my Pioneer, so I can vouch for them as a good company.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom