Halcyon Cinch Quick-Adjust Harness

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Were we discussing SPG's? :D

Back to Topic!!! :)

I tried on the Halcyon Cinch at my LDS. It is so easy to adjust and remove and feels snug once it's on. I really like the comfort feeling that it gives with the padding.

I feel that it would serve me really good in warm water diving when I vist my mom in Florida.

Last year in April I took my Halcyon rig to Florida and when I had to dive it with my 7mm wetsuit, I didn't adjust the straps and my rig was slightly loose in the water, no big deal on simple drift dive, but on a wreck or cave, I would want it nice and snug.

So I have decided that my current rig will be set a side for my doubles diving, and I will pick up the Cinch for diving my single rig and traveling to Florida. It would also be extremely comfortable in just swimming trunks and lycra short for some serious fun dives in very warm divng destinations.

Halcyon just became easier to dive... :wink:

Last edited:
Harry, assuming that you don't pull the left shoulder strap that far out when getting in or out, ISTM you could do without the extra webbing piece for the D-ring and mount it on the waist strap as usual, adjusting only the position of the tri-glide holding the D-ring for whichever suit you're wearing. That's a lot less hassle than adjusting the shoulder straps on a basic harness.

Guy

Good suggestion. For now I'll dive the rig as presented, I got word from a cave diver buddy that has been using the Cinch-Adjust Harness towing multiple bottles and scootering and he says that everything stays put.

I'll see how much I use the harness adjustment, but just putting the D-Ring on the main harness and limiting the adjustability sounds like an option.

On the red on the spg, yea in deeper water, it'll just look black I'm sure.

OK, I dove it twice this last weekend and loved it, so it's a keeper.

I was able to keep the shoulder straps tighter than before which felt more comfortable for me. Then being able to adjust it underwater was a plus and of course getting out of it was very easy on land. I'm sure when I need to remove my rig in the water, that will be easier.

So now I don't need two backplates, one for warm water and one for drysuit diving. Anyone want a Halcyon backplate with full standard webbing and the cool pocket to stow a large SMB?

Having an adjustable harness is very old school, that is the way most all the old backpacks were. Certainly not a new invention. However, the bolt extender. the extra belting for the light and the weight pocket all look kinda complicated to me.

I got my first backplate a few years ago and before using it once, I wnet into the garage for half an hour and added some hardware to the plate to make my new diverite harness adjustable.

Looks like a nifty waste of money.

Then you definitely shouldn't buy one:)

Harry, thanks for the report, I guess I'll have to set aside some more semi-disposable income.

Guy

I got my first backplate a few years ago and before using it once, I wnet into the garage for half an hour and added some hardware to the plate to make my new diverite harness adjustable.

Will you tell us exactly what you did?

Will you tell us exactly what you did?

A couple of extra tri-glides and a few extra inches of webbing, perhaps (though I don't know why that would require a garage).

Has anyone tried mounting the Cinch to a third party backplate like Dive Rite or Hollis or anything not halcyon?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom