Halcyon Cinch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

With this harness system, can it be used on any standard BP or do you need to use it on a Halcyon BP designed to work with it? And if not can a standard BP be modified to make it compatible?
There are two holes on the Halcyon plates outboard of the harness slots that the system bolts into. A quick look at various plates on the DGX site show that some have holes in similar locations, some do not, but it seems that the spacing and location would have to match exactly.

I switch between a 3mm on vacation and 7mm or a drysuit with a lot of undergarments. Having the cinch system makes adjusting and getting in and out of the wing easyer. Sometimes teaching I have to switch exposer protection in the same day. It's a nice option to have. I don't notice it bulk wise as it's on the back of the backplate.

With this harness system, can it be used on any standard BP or do you need to use it on a Halcyon BP designed to work with it? And if not can a standard BP be modified to make it compatible?

The cinch adapter is shaped to have the same bent corners as the Halcyon plate. I can confirm the Scubapro X-Tek backplates have the same exact shape and can have the cinch installed. I don't know about any other brands/models.

my wife and I both use cinch and it makes adjusting the plates between different exposure suits and doubles to adjust trim and the likes. It really helped us figure out where we wanted the rigs to sit for trim because the adjustment was a 2 minutes not 10 and didn’t require removing the plate from the tanks to adjust so we played with stuff a lot more

How often do I need to adjust my simple harness? Change of the diving season.
How difficult it is? Few minutes.
Why would I bother to spend money just to save few minutes every year?

How often do I need to adjust my simple harness? Change of the diving season.
How difficult it is? Few minutes.
Why would I bother to spend money just to save few minutes every year?

We switch between wet and dry, 200 and 400 weight undergarments, single tanks, double 80s, 100s, 120s and 133s on a regular basis that’s why I like the cinch

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom