Halcyon Evolve 40 Single Tank?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Adgie

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Has anyone used the Evolve 40 wing in a single tank configuration. I've inherited this rig and am trying to figure out what to do with it. I only dive single steel 100s now in a 7mil wetsuit.

Maybe its time to...evolve? :D

Thanks,
A

It's a doubles wing, and will handle singles as such. Which is to say... poorly.

Here's the Eclipse 40:

10-eclipse40.jpg

Here's the Evolve 40:

halx_blase_evolve.jpg

Note the significant difference in the shape and size of the panels of the two, with the Evolve clearly designed for anything BUT a single tank.

You might post it in trade for an Eclipse 30/40 on the Gear Classifieds board here on SB. There's gotta be someone stepping up from singles to double who'd be intererested in a swap

Has anyone used the Evolve 40 wing in a single tank configuration. I've inherited this rig and am trying to figure out what to do with it. I only dive single steel 100s now in a 7mil wetsuit.

Maybe its time to...evolve? :D

Thanks,
A

I think that it would be impossible to use that wing on a single set up. BUt ask your instructor, he or she might have a different opinion:shakehead:

or increase the size of your single tank....like a Heiser 190, that should fill in any excess space in the EVOLVE sized wing..... :D

or increase the size of your single tank....like a Heiser 190, that should fill in any excess space in the EVOLVE sized wing..... :D

Or a Rheem 75...

waterheater2.jpg

:shocked2:

Yeah that oughta do it...

But seriously - I have a spare 30# Eclipse if the OP is interested in a swap

It's a very nice wing. It might worth trying it out with a set of Al 80s before you get rid of it--you might like them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom