Halcyon H75P + Halo (weird?) cranking effort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I’m at 50/50, I have two. One I purchased from you and they other from Rob S.

Guess which one passes the test?
What's the cracking effort set to on both? As I always set to 1.1"-1.2" I now am wondering if I set to 1" if that would make any difference, can't imagine it but now I'm curious.

This non compliance of free flow has been mentioned often from others with G250Vs and Halos.

I want to know what's going on.

I'm going to build another and find out.

Hmmm now I'm wondering if early ones I built did free flow and the free flow stopped after I switched to using .218 springs. My memory is shocking. But again, I find that hard to believe that would be the case.

What's the cracking effort set to on both? As I always set to 1.1"-1.2" I now am wondering if I set to 1" if that would make any difference, can't imagine it but now I'm curious.

This non compliance of free flow has been mentioned often from others with G250Vs and Halos.

I want to know what's going on.

I'm going to build another and find out.
I’ll put it back together tonight and let you know.

I don't think there was any rolling change to flow vane but just to be sure can you confirm flow vane is the same in both models. Position of cut out interests me.

IMG_3367.jpeg

I think this could be the answer. It's by design (?).

From a G250HP manual.

With the G250V flow vane, crescent faces mouthpiece.

A possible explanation🤔

IMG_3368.png

IMG_3369.png

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom