Halcyon H75P + Halo (weird?) cranking effort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maybe don't give up JUST yet.

Mine are back at Halcyon now. I am hoping to hear news on them soon. Hoping. I'm giving it a 3% chance that they will figure out what is wrong and actually tell me, so I can spread the word.

The remaining 97% I am allocating to, either, "they serviced them, they are fine now, and the problem does not come back, but I never find out what it was", or "they serviced them, they are fine now, and the problem comes back in 10 dives."

I'm not speculating on the allocation of 97% between those two possibilities....

Mine are back at Halcyon now. I am hoping to hear news on them soon. Hoping. I'm giving it a 3% chance that they will figure out what is wrong and actually tell me, so I can spread the word.

The remaining 97% I am allocating to, either, "they serviced them, they are fine now, and the problem does not come back, but I never find out what it was", or "they serviced them, they are fine now, and the problem comes back in 10 dives."

I'm not speculating on the allocation of 97% between those two possibilities....
I'm veeeeery keen to ear about what could it be. Thanks!

Just as a curiosity, remove the second outer (wiper) O-ring from the poppet stem and then reassemble with silicone grease packed in where the outer O-ring would normally seal.

Yes, I would really like to know an answer here and in particular when the Halcyon techs test the regs before servicing can they replicate the "pop" on the bench?

Just as a curiosity, remove the second outer (wiper) O-ring from the poppet stem and then reassemble with silicone grease packed in where the outer O-ring would normally seal.

Yes, I would really like to know an answer here and in particular when the Halcyon techs test the regs before servicing can they replicate the "pop" on the bench?

Yeah. I'd like to know that, too. Unfortunately, I'm afraid the whole process is going to be very "opaque".

one of mine just got back from service and started having the same issue after just ~10 dives.

one of mine just got back from service and started having the same issue after just ~10 dives.
OMG!!!!

I used original Halcyon service kits.... could it be that they are not doing proper work retaining the lubricant in the poppet? Maybe wrong o-ring size or something like this?

OMG!!!!

I used original Halcyon service kits.... could it be that they are not doing proper work retaining the lubricant in the poppet? Maybe wrong o-ring size or something like this?
Have you tried using a Scubapro poppet? From what I remember they come preassembled with O-rings and a seat.

What gets me about this problem is that it goes away after service only to return again after a few dives. The lube may be covering up the problem.

I am disappointed with Halcyon, given all the problems you are having they should have replaced the regs and sent yours back to the plant for analysis. The last thing they should want is a recall.

Have you tried using a Scubapro poppet? From what I remember they come preassembled with O-rings and a seat.

What gets me about this problem is that it goes away after service only to return again after a few dives. The lube may be covering up the problem.
This is a good point. I'm in the process of getting new Scubapro original complete poppet sets, new springs, new balance chambers and new levers (for my two Halos).

By doing that I'm virtually replacing the "bowels" of my Halcyon converting in some kind of Scubapro.

Today I think the problem is in some part provided in Halcyon service kit, but cannot compare because I have no SP regs. Once I've receive these parts I want to see:
- if there is any difference in one of these parts.
- If replacing these part my regs become "normal" and I can stop hating them.

As soon as I get some infor I'll update here. in the meantime I'm veeery keen to hear about any feedback from Halcyon.

Back
Top Bottom