Halcyon H75P + Halo (weird?) cranking effort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

well (I'm scratching my head)... so, I've managed again to tune one of my seconds to 1+ water inches of crankiglng effort, which is cool.. but there is no trace of the famous VIVA.... no free flow... just cripsply stop doesn't mattet the position of the Dive/predive control.

Just in case I've removed the mouth piece, which I guess it's not necesary... but I don't know, just in case.

I'll try with the other unit.

Results - R1 won’t free flow with R2‘s barrel @ 1.0 CE

Interesting I removed the knob pin and went beyond the normal counter clockwise stop position till I measured .5 CE and it free flowed.

So R1 barrel will free flow at 1.0 CE in R1 or R2 cases, R2 barrel in R1 case will free flow with CE .5

I think I went down this rabbit hole a year or so ago.

Simon what’s next??

There's no visible difference in barrel?

There's no visible difference in barrel?
Only difference I can see is R2 outlet is pitted more so than R1.

R1, R2 barrels:

1694947685119.jpeg

Reading through I am not clear, are the mouthpieces on these? If so take them off for the free flow test.

I am going to say something, shhhh. I do not like sharp edges working on another sharp or flat edge. The stainless steel lever feet are sharp and work against the edge of the square cut out in the brass air barrel which is (kinda sort of) chrome plated. So, do not tell anybody I may or may not do this. But, just saying, I might sometimes using a 10X loupe ever so slightly round over or radius or polish the sharp edge of the lever feet that rocks against the square cutout edge. I do this, if I do, at almost a micro level. The newer style with the plastic sleeve may not benefit from the treatment, that is, if I do such a thing, but I probably do not, maybe. I do not like sharp edges. But, you know, I might, maybe, probably not, polish my plastic regulators with a propane torch and a flame spreader :shocked: . YRMV to either. That is enough crawfishing for one day.

I'm going bananas :chicken:

So.... some days ago I've got adjustments like never got before... perfect IP, perfect cranking effort... sooooo smooth breathing.... but :cry:

But after some dives the cranking effort get worse and the pop effect comes again.... I think this regulators just cannot get properly tuned any more.

Again, diving with my Halcyon on back gas tanks and Apeks (very chip one) in my stage and.... the difference is soooo huge when you use the Halcyon one you just want to switch back to the Apek one.

Not sure what else do..... I think I'll replace them for something working... but not sure what would be better, if replacing the whole regulators set, or keep the H75-P 1st stages and replace only the 2nd stages for something else.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom