Halcyon H75P + Halo (weird?) cranking effort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The only time a G250 usually gives trouble is if you're updating it to S-wing poppet and sometimes you need to try various springs, BCs etc to get them all to play nicely together.

On your G250V if you've replaced no parts other than service items then you've done something wrong.

If it's cracking at 3" there is no way your lever is at correct height, I'd hazard it's dangerously low and if not you've bent the lever, either way, this needs to be addressed before you dive it. And if you've had to crank down on the orifice to stop it leaking then either you've cut the seat or your orifice is damaged or both.

My offer stands.

Not sure if you're being serious or just teasing. I'm not good sometimes at understanding peoples messages.

That being said...

I understand, but a face to face is easier than trying to solve this over messages. A picture/video speaks a thousand words. Solution would be discussed here.

We've all given as many pointers as possible, if the problem persists not sure what more can be done here.

Personally I learn much better face to face.

OP, do you have the service video?

I think what the OP needs now is an experienced eye and Simon's offer is wonderful. The Halo is a Scubapro G250V for all practical purposes and should set up and adjust the same way. But please do let us all know what was found to be wrong :).

Back
Top Bottom