Halcyon Pee valve peed on me

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mark01

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I used my drysuit today for the second time and my pee valve leaked on the inside of the suit and got my leg wet. This is the first time I have used this valve since this is a new suit and I did not use the pee valve on my first set of dives. I am pretty certain that for the most part, urine flowed out of the valve as it should, but some was undoubtedly flowing to the inside the suit

When I got home, I used a squeeze bottle to flush the valve and noticed that I was seeing some water water flow out of what I think is the equalization port on the part of the valve which is on the inside of the suit. There is a screw fitting which has a hole through it on the inner body of the valve and I unscrewed it and found nothing below it in the the cavity into which it screws. This is what I think is the equalization port.

I'm pretty certain this is where the leak is because my leg was only wet in this area and my underlayer smelled of urine. My undershorts were not wet so I am ruling out a catheter / hose connection failure.

I assume that flushing with a squeeze bottle would not cause water to flow from this orifice and it would appear that the urine inside my suit came from the valve because of it's isolation and the fact that my undershorts were not affected.

So, any ideas what might be happening???

I had the same thing happen to me. If the "screw" that holds the check valve is to tight, it will pinch the valve, leaving it "open". If you take out the screw, you should be able to remove the check valve. It's a simple rubber piece that looks like a duck bill. Make sure the "bill" isn't smashed or creased. Put it back in and do not over tighten the screw. If you PM me your email address, I can send you a picture of what the check valve looks like.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom