Halcyon Pioneer Wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lead bottom:
Do you think the Eclipse would be a better choice? I could have the Pioneer returned, and get an Eclipse.

if I could do it all over again I would have bought an Oxycheq. have never seen the Eclipse so cannot comment on it.

lead bottom:
How many is quite a few, and do you think the wing is to easily punctured?

5 or 6. that is a lot compared to my experiences qwith Diverite or Oxycheq equipment (tough kit!)

I have a Pioneer and a DR Venture (inner bladder/outer shell) and have seen the eclipse on several occasions. I like the Pioneer because of it's streamlined nature and it is so small to pack. Takes up 1/2 the space of my venture or the eclipse that I've seen. As to toughness... My pioneer has about 60-70 dives on it and it looks like new... If i was doing a type of diving that required more abrasion resistence I'd probably be wanting doubles anyway... just my .02 cents

Aloha, Tim

My Pioneer had a very tiny hole, Halcyon Italy decided to give me a new one that I am still waiting to receive...

While I was at it I told them that I am ready to pay the difference and get the Eclipse, hope they will approve my request...

Ciao Erik Il Rosso

I have a Halcyon Pioneer wing with about 600 dives on it (18 months use). It has more than 10 pin holes on it. Aquaseal stops the leaking but later (about a dozen dives more) I get new leaks on another part of the wing.

Got tired of patching so I bought an Oxycheq signature series wing and I hope it'll last longer. :D

StSomewhere:
I read on TDS that H is retiring the 27 lb and 36 lb Pioneers in favor of a single 30 lb Pioneer model that is more durable/puncture resistant in order to meet CE standards for Europe. Link

StSomewhere...Got your PM, but your Inbox is full. I'm still in the market whenever you work it out, so shoot me an email or PM.

Thanks.

realdiver7

Thanks for all of the input. I am going with my original plan, and will be returning the Pioneer & picking up the Eclipse. I was curious about the durability of the Pioneer, and you all have confirmed my thoughts. Thanks again.

jonnythan:
I haven't, unless you count the time I put a knife clean through it.

Come on Jonny..finish the story. :D

I have a Pioneer, has close to 50 dives on it and no problems so far. As was said before, if you are doing dives that require a tough wing (wreck, caves, etc) then the eclipse would be a better choice. However, in those cases you may want dual bladder designs anway to have a redundant system.

Back
Top Bottom