Halcyon SMB leaking...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MASS-Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My small halycon SMB is leaking out of the inflation valve. The OPV is fine, but the one way inflator is not holding air at all.

Is this something I can mess around with and fix? Should I send it back for repairs (it's less than 2 years old, but I don't the receipt or anything), plus, do they even do repair on makers? Or should I just trash it :depressed:

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Personally, I'd just contact Halcyon and see what they say. They've been great with any issues I or others I know have had.

I just dropped them a line. Between my buddy and I, we have a whole bunch of halycon bags, never had an issue before. But, this little one (1 m closed circuit) is one of my favorite ones so I hope it can be returned to action.

I have called Halcyon on many occasions about questions regarding my gear and even had them work through a problem that my LDS wouldn't resolve. End result was Halcyon taking care of me 110%....

I remain a loyal customer to their elite services...

I feel they are like BMW of the Scuba market.... JM2 cents....

MG

I've worn mine out and need to buy a new one ... it's got a few tiny wear holes along where it folds for stowage. I'm not normally a big Halcyon fan (nice gear but generally overpriced), but their SMBs are one of their better products, to my concern ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I had a similar problem with a used one I had bought. I ended up taking off the OPV and connecting the inflator valve to my BC hose and shooting some pressurized air through the valve and that resolved my issue. may have been some sand or something in the valve that was holding it open.

I've occasionally had that problem with mine. It has always seemed to be salt build up in the valve. I just flush it really thoroughly with water and I can make it hold air again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom