Halcyon sueing OxyCheq, US Divers and others?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jeggles

Reaction score
I just read a post on a website that the owner of Halcyon has sued OxyCheq, US Divers and other companies for patent violations (weight integrated pockets?), but if I'm reading between the lines right, that Halcyon has settled with other companies for money, but wants some companies' entire stock of wings and oxygen analyzers! It sounds like Halcyon is trying to force it's competitors out of business by sueing them?

That just sounds un-American to me!!! :frown2:

jeggles:
I just read a post on a website that the owner of Halcyon has sued OxyCheq, US Divers and other companies for patent violations (weight integrated pockets?), but if I'm reading between the lines right, that Halcyon has settled with other companies for money, but wants some companies' entire stock of wings and oxygen analyzers! It sounds like Halcyon is trying to force it's competitors out of business by sueing them?

Go America. Yay.

iflyprops:
Well...they are a British company...

Who is a British Company?

jeggles:

You might want to get confirmation of all of this before passing it on....Settling for money is certainly not out of the realm of possibility, but getting the inventory is unusual. Getting the inventory is tantamount to getting an injunction against future sale which is something I would think folks would fight in court before just giving up....and I see no evidence that Halcyon is trying to put the manufacturers out of business...Rather, they might just want the licensing revenue.

(I'm not saying that Halcyon isn't doing it, I'm just saying I haven't seen any evidence of it...not that I've looked high and low for it.) And, the patents cited elsewhere aren't related to oxygen analyzers, so far as I know...So I see no reason the analyzers would be involved in any way...Anyone know?

And, are you indicating that litigation is unAmerican? Where have you been? heh

Actually, patent lawsuits are filed every day, and often involve amounts of money into the millions...and are very costly to wage, as well as to fight.

:banana:

Halcyon is not a named plaintiff in the lawsuit. The corporate plaintiff is an entity called Carleigh Rae.

Let's see. First post is on this issue? Why do I think that something is a little off here.

oops, nevermind. For some reason I thought Halcyon was British, they are in fact based out of High Springs, FL (according to the contact info on their website).

Sorry about that! :wink:

yea..........oops

jeggles:

No offence but it sounds just American to me. Or maybe it's the picture that we in Europe have about lawsuits in US.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom