Halcyon wings - is only Eclipse available now? What happened to the Traveller model?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

terramar

Registered
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm about ready to order a new bpw for warm-water diving, and was browsing the Halcyon website, but I notice the only singles wing listed there now is the Eclipse. Were the others discontinued? Are other models available, but just not listed on their website?

I haven't heard any confirmation, but that would make sense. When they discontinued the version of their carbon backplate that had a "built-in STA", they no longer offer a backplate that can be used with cam bands through the plate itself, so a Traveler/Adventurer style wing with cam band cutouts would be redundant in their product line.

edit - If you know thats what you really want, I might suggest calling around to some dealers and see if you can find something in stock. Might be able to find an in-stock kit with the carbon backplate and travel wing yet. Personally, I just travel with an aluminum plate and an STA and never wished otherwise, breaks down smaller with the STA removed than packing the plate and the wing threaded together with cam bands.

Back
Top Bottom