Halls Diving School in Marathon, FL Keys

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

makebubblesnotwar

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anyone ever attended their instructor training? I'm really interested in it and seems like a great program but was wondering if anyone had some feedback. If you've only dove with them I'd still love to hear some feedback on the operation itself. Thanks!

Halls is a good program and I have met people who went through them and are good instructors now. However, there are a few other programs in South Florida you should look at too. Try and visit as many as possible. Pro Dive in Ft. Lauderdale is another institute who offers the same type of program. I think if you could visit these places and meet with as many different people as you can it would help you to make the decision. Question the job placement, the certifications, and the connections that each program can offer. I think the more you research the better off you will be. Just make sure youre getting as much for your money as you can.
If youre just curious about the program, be prepared for a lot of studdying, long days and not much time off. But to become an instructor in just a few months, you have to expect a lot of hard work. These programs are what you make of them. The harder you work, the beter you will do. Don't let anyone tell you that you cant become a good instructor without puting in years of experience. Best of luck.
Matt

I once hired an instructor trained by Halls and he was very good. He was a young Navy guy, a perfect example.

I agree with Matt83, shop around though. I earned my instructor ticket at a similar program back in 77 in San Diego, the NASDS Instructor College. It was very good and very expensive.

Another way to go that can be very good is to work through an in-house IT. Most of the instructors that worked at the store I managed went this route. I trained 11 of them, then they completed their clinic with NASDS or SSI Headquarters staff, much like the IE programs today.

Noticed you are in NH. TDI/SDI is in Topsham ME, you might view the website International Training :: Home :: :: English.

Chad

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom