Halycon BC, wings and harness

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm glad everyone is having fun with the Newbies.....its ok...and no one is tkaing the DIRF course until I am ready and have some of the basic skills down pat first. Walk before you run.

All you guys love to post the merits and advantages of the BP/Wings config, yet few ever speak of when initial dives with the gear go terribly wrong. I'm seen a few posts from new owners of BP's and wings that dove them and they went horribly wrong. I certainly gave the BP a good try before trying the BC afterwards, and it was right after my instructor pointed out some pretty negative things he saw happening with my BP and wings when I tried it. Even he suggesed I consider the OMS harness instead. Thats someone with a whole lot of more experience than I...

Yea, I deleted some of my initial messages, because I decided its better to stand back a step then continue an argument - back and forth.

Yea, I am new, but I have seen some fellow students with BC's that were way to large and coming out of them, and other things as well. You don't need to be experienced to realize that the octopus is supposed to be IN the Golden Triangle. Even PADI endorses that. DO you guys feel that octo's should be left hanging loose off the 1st stage and not secured to the BC in some fasion?

Have all the fun you want, and place all the bets you want...but, trust me, you'll lose them all...and when I finish the selected courses, I'll be sure to e-mail each one of you copies of the C-cards and such. Just in good fun, or course...

:wink:

Originally posted by Scuba446
DO you guys feel that octo's should be left hanging loose off the 1st stage and not secured to the BC in some fasion?
Of course an alternate shouldn't be secured to the BC.

That's what the bungee necklace is for.

Originally posted by Scuba446
DO you guys feel that octo's should be left hanging loose off the 1st stage and not secured to the BC in some fasion?
YEP! Hanging loose around the neck on a surgical tubing necklace, of course! :jester:

D'oh metridium you beat me too it!

I agree,
And no, check outs are June 15/16...in the meantime, I am hitting the pool every week to work on my skills, with the wings, mask clearing, remounting a tank if it ever comes off, OOA emergencies (style is dictated by my agency for now).....getting used to the harness and making final adjustments as needed. I especially liked the 8# of weight my BP and STA added - thats 8# I don't have to carry on the hip.

And, the front of me felt 'clear' and I did move thru the water pretty easily - I did notice that vs the BC....I just seemed to glide thru the water well..

Hero also, just to show ya.............

I went out and bought a stuffed camel and put it right next to my Mike Nelson photos, even bought some votive candles and placed around it!

Every night I kneel before it and make that camel sound!

ID - The PUG worshiper

Back
Top Bottom