Wanted Tank non slippy grabber thingy for Halycon webbing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MMM

Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I don't know the name of these things (obviously!) but mine have given out and are falling apart. They are rectangular things that slip through the webbing on my Halycon backplate that help grip the tank. I need two of them. Halycon says that I have to buy a new webbing kit to get these two rubber thingys and I don't wish to do that. Can anyone point me to something? Thanks.

I don't know the name of these things (obviously!) but mine have given out and are falling apart. They are rectangular things that slip through the webbing on my Halycon backplate that help grip the tank. I need two of them. Halycon says that I have to buy a new webbing kit to get these two rubber thingys and I don't wish to do that. Can anyone point me to something? Thanks.
This is what you’re looking for octogrip

While messing around with my BP/W configuration a bunch of years ago, one of my German Shepherds grabbed one of those pads off the coffee table and turned it into a chew toy. I never did get around to replacing it and never bothered to install the other. I found that my tank straps work just as well with out the grip pads and without them there is less to get adjust/move around and get in the way of the cam strap buckle.

just trying to say those pads are fairly superfluous.

ymmv,
-Z

If you have the means to wet the webbing prior to mounting the tank, there's no need for the rubber grippy stuff.

If you know how to operate your buckles to get the most tension with the least effort
there is no requirement for pads, or wetting

Back
Top Bottom