Hammerhead FG Trip Feb 16-17

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah Texas Swamp divers really do draw attention. In Mexico the divers wanted to know more about my diving in Texas than talk about what we were doing diving Mexico. Really makes you think about what we like to DIVE :toilet

................:D

Well I hope to be on that trip as well, I hope it does go. I cant wait to get back out there and see what is there in the early spring!

It will probably be about 65 degree water temp. Seas probably in the 3- 5 foot range. Hammerhead sighting? Almost a sure thing.

GMZ080-130330-
NW GULF N OF 25N W OF 90W
INCLUDING FLOWER GARDEN BANKS NATIONAL MARINE SANCTUARY
330 PM CST TUE FEB 12 2008

GALE CONDITIONS EXPECTED FRI NIGHT

TONIGHT
SW WINDS 15 KT SHIFTING TO N 20 TO 30 KT BEHIND THE
FRONT. SEAS 4 TO 6 FT BUILDING TO 6 TO 9 FT BEHIND FRONT.
SCATTERED SHOWERS AND TSTMS ALONG THE FRONT.

WED AND WED NIGHT
N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BECOMING E TO SE
10 TO 15 KT WED NIGHT. SEAS 7 TO 10 FT SUBSIDING 4 TO 6 FT LATE.

THU THROUGH SUN
SE TO S WINDS 15 TO 20 KT SHIFTING TO NW TO N
25 TO 35 KT BEHIND FRONT EARLY FRI NIGHT DIMINISHING TO NW TO N
20 TO 25 KT SUN. SEAS 4 TO 6 FT BUILDING 8 TO 12 FT BEHIND FRONT
DIMINISHING FROM W SUN. FRONTAL TSTMS.

Nice avatar, 5 star.

WOW :D I can't begin to tell you how long its been.

Thanks to Debraw I made contact with Dave living in Dallas for the first time since I knew him in Phoenix Arizona about 6 years ago. This Scubaboard stuff is really rewarding. Just amazing.

I almost got certified with Capt. Dave in about 1987, when he was working at Scuba West in Lincoln Square Shopping Center here in Arlington. I can't tell you how many times I have kicked myself for not going ahead and getting certified then... :shakehead:

How do you know that's not the Cayman Aggressor? :burnout:

Could be, Could be. I know how much you loved that boat... Do their down lines hang off the back of the boat like that?

Could be, Could be. I know how much you loved that boat... Do their down lines hang off the back of the boat like that?

Ahhh you got me. Dang you are perceptive.....

I almost got certified with Capt. Dave in about 1987, when he was working at Scuba West in Lincoln Square Shopping Center here in Arlington. I can't tell you how many times I have kicked myself for not going ahead and getting certified then... :shakehead:

:rofl3: Live and learn. Capt. Dave is just one of those amazing people you want to know.

Regards,

Shawn

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom