Hammerhead Scuba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I used to manage a pizza joint when I was a kid. You have to have a product that better's than everyone's elses. Today there are pizza joint's on almost every corner. Makes it tough to compete. However, the ones with the truly good pizza are thriving.

I haven't personally dove any of their products, however I have a friend that has a harness and back plate set-up from them. Aside from the edges on the BP that he had rounded off himself, the stuff looks great.

I had a few questions, one not really major and the other probably stupid, but here goes anyway.

To the folks that bought from Hammerhead, how long did it take on the delivery? Did you get any information post purchase, so as tracking info etc?

They had two options for the harnesses. One with rigging and one without. I was assuming that rigging meant they ran the webbing, d-rings etc. Is that what it means or was there something missing (besides cam bands) that I should have put in that extra 25 bucks?

Kriterian:
I had a few questions, one not really major and the other probably stupid, but here goes anyway.

To the folks that bought from Hammerhead, how long did it take on the delivery? Did you get any information post purchase, so as tracking info etc?

They had two options for the harnesses. One with rigging and one without. I was assuming that rigging meant they ran the webbing, d-rings etc. Is that what it means or was there something missing (besides cam bands) that I should have put in that extra 25 bucks?

I got my Hammerhead order in a mere 2 days. They are in PA and I am in NY. I requested a UPS TRacking Number from them and they promptly gave it to me so I could track my shipment.

Yes, the 'Rigging' option is THEY rig the BP with the webbing, D-rings, etc. I did my own.

Hammerhead DOES NOT sell tank cam bands. You'll have to order 2 of them from either Dive Rite Extress, Leisure Pro, or Extreme Exposure (Halcyon), or - another source. I elected for 2 Dive Rite Stainless Steel cam bands from my local dive shop - but I'd recommend getting 2 from Extreme Exposure (Halcyon). They are expensive - like $38 ea - but wil last a lifetime.

ScoobieDooo:
I got my Hammerhead order in a mere 2 days. They are in PA and I am in NY. I requested a UPS TRacking Number from them and they promptly gave it to me so I could track my shipment.

Yes, the 'Rigging' option is THEY rig the BP with the webbing, D-rings, etc. I did my own.

Hammerhead DOES NOT sell tank cam bands. You'll have to order 2 of them from either Dive Rite Extress, Leisure Pro, or Extreme Exposure (Halcyon), or - another source. I elected for 2 Dive Rite Stainless Steel cam bands from my local dive shop - but I'd recommend getting 2 from Extreme Exposure (Halcyon). They are expensive - like $38 ea - but wil last a lifetime.

Apparently I misread my bank statement and they hadn't actually charged me yet. The girl who does credit card orders was on vacation so they didn't actually charge me until today, hopefully it won't be too much longer.

I originally got an Oxycheq harness before seeing the Hammerhead site, so I'm just going to scavenge the cambands from it for now, hehe.

Thanks for answering my rigging question too, glad I didn't waste the money on it. I could use the experience rigging it myself anyways.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom