Hammerheads!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Absolutely incredible shots. I am going to the Galapagos Islands in Nov and can only hope that I get some pics that are as good as yours. Great job!!!!!!

To all who are wondering if this trip is worth it I can only say DEFINITELY. But be prepared to become addicted. I had no previous dive experience with pellagic travelers so I was a little nervous. However, once you see all those hammerheads (and others) for the first time, you just want to get back in and see them again. The boat ride is not that bad, except on the way back it's a little depressing because you know you are coming back to reality. We are going back in November and I am already counting down the days.

Choppersrule - there is never any certainty on any given day that you will see the big schools. There were definitely a few sites (Alcyone, Dirty Rock) where there was more action. However, after a great show at Alcyone one day, the next day there were hardly any HHs. So, it all depends. Recently they have been seeing lots of whalesharks. We only saw one (and I missed it). The DMs told us that in Jan / Feb sometimes they will only see a handful of HHs the entire week.

very cool dive. I am sure it was intents.To have all thaws hammerhead between you and the service, Scary I think.

:eyebrow: G'Day PaKman,

Aren't they beauties! The First one is my pick of the lot. Wow. Great shot.

I was on Mike Ball at Osprey Reef about 2 months ago and i was told about the Hammerhead Shuffle. Do you know this?

I couldnt stop lauging :rofl3: :rofl3: when i was told about it.... And well here you go...

Ok, It starts when you see a Hammerhead, you put both clenched fists up to the top of either side of your head.

Then, start screaming like a banchee, and jiggle like a wet dog from head to toe.

It sounds hilarious but strangley enough it worked! It made the lone hammerheads come in closer. Probably because we looked like dieing injured fish maybe.

Give it a go next time, maybe it will work for you too!

Yours Truly,
Carl Fallon

:rofl3: I am going to have to try that one Carl.

Absolutely stunning shots Pakman. Cocos is on my list. I have never seen a hammerhead.

Hey Mike,
you've got some spectacular shots of the hammerheads here. Way cool and I'm sure you had a great trip :) Fantastic video clip posted on Multiply too. Thanks for sharing. Do keep them coming.
Jovin-

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom