Hand mounts?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I’m going to be trying out a hand mount for the first time on Labor Day weekend when I go lionfish hunting.

Thanks for sharing ^^^. Excuse my ignorance, does that clip around your wrist?

Sorry, forgot to quote the above message.

Yes, one strap goes around your wrist, the second goes around your palm. I usually keep the palm strap clipped. That way I can slip it on easily, and then secure it to my wrist with the rear strap once I'me wearing it. Super easy.

Yes, one strap goes around your wrist, the second goes around your palm. I usually keep the palm strap clipped. That way I can slip it on easily, and then secure it to my wrist with the rear strap once I'me wearing it. Super easy.
Great. I bought the GoPro one, but wasn't sure if it would work. I'm headed to Bonaire over Christmas and going to give this one a try.

I use one with my GoPro as my primary camera and back that up with one on my head. The head one really doesn't do much except capture my depth when I check my remaining gas. I find that trying to start and stop cameras under water is just asking to lose footage and so avoid it as much as possible. I mount my camera on my left hand because I check my computer with my right.

For me, capturing the "moment of discovery" is crucial, and since I often don't know what I'm going to find, I want a camera running at all times.

As for editing, trimming three hours of raw video down to a 10 minite finished product is just part of the task. It's digital, you are not paying for film or developing, and all it costs you is time.

Back
Top Bottom