Hand signals for tank pressure

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JRScuba:
Probable 3 fingers horizontal to indicate " Empty ".:D
No just one :D ....,,

Azotino:
No just one :D ....,,

But then you would have to indicate which side means " Empty ".

I think univeral "Empty" is pointing the single finger to the left side. :D :D

Ok, I actually have a serious question to interject into this nonsense...and it's even on topic.

How do you signal "nevermind my last sign" - example - buddy asks my pressure, and I have 1900 psi, but (according to Rick's hand signals I plan on adopting) I signal 1 finger up, then 4 UP instead of horizontal, meaning I just said I have 1400 psi instead of 1900.

minnesota01r6:
Ok, I actually have a serious question to interject into this nonsense...and it's even on topic.

How do you signal "nevermind my last sign" - example - buddy asks my pressure, and I have 1900 psi, but (according to Rick's hand signals I plan on adopting) I signal 1 finger up, then 4 UP instead of horizontal, meaning I just said I have 1400 psi instead of 1900.

Simple, use the universal "erase" sign.:D LOL

minnesota01r6, exactly! Try sign language, and you will find it much easier! :)

JRScuba:
Simple, use the universal "erase" sign.:D LOL
Which is, at least in this neck of the woods, moving your hand back and forth about 6-8 inches with your palm towards the recipient while shaking your head "No." :)
Rick

Azotino:
reinforcement.....I'm using two thumbs up, both hands....that mean END of the dive......and one hand for the numbers no confusion.
Where do you put your light while doing this? How does your buddy see both hands at night?
Rick

Is there a place on ScubaBoard where newbies can find information like this instead of doing a search? For example, WetDawg pointed to this web link:
http://www.advanceddivermagazine.com...dnumbering.pdf

It would be nice if SB folks added a forum for generally accepted standards, so that at least when SB members are underwater together, we can agree on what hand signals to use.

kicking motion with the first two fingers of my right hand (no, not a frog kick)

I am trying to frog kick with my fingers....that's my new method.

Back
Top Bottom