Has anyone ever gone back?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dive with either a BP/W or BCD. Depends on what I feel like doing during the dive. It works for me.

What a clown, I don't believe this guy is for real, and if he is ohhhhh ship.
I probably flushed more water through a head on a dive boat than this Jerk ever swam in. What a A Hole!!!!!!
See you topside! John

Are you guys done moaning yet?

You're always welcome to come and pay us a visit... and I've decided that since sales are going through the roof... the shop is no longer for sale. We appear to be the only shop that delivers the consistently best pricing in the world (and you can check that out when you have time,) with a consistently high level of customer service and always with a smile.

Thanks for helping drive our sales ... as there is no such thing as bad publicity. My original post has had a great effect. Thanks for playing... a few DIR guys have now switched over to us.

Happy Diving!

Dang! I'm out of popcorn!!!

I actually picked a bp/w up a while back and I love it... I can't see making the switch back anytime soon but I'm always interested in the experience of others (it's often less painful than making my own mistakes :)).

What about the long hose? Anyone ever switch and switch back?

I use both long hose and conventional setup. Warm water / vacation diving I use the conventional setup. Cold / dark / deep diving I use the long hose setup.

No way I'm going back on the BC, though. :)

Edited to apologize for getting back on topic. It was starting to get amusing. :)

Last edited:
I just wish I made the move sooner.

Ive never been comfortable w/ jacket BC's even while doing my pool sessions. Feels so restricting & suffocating. When i saw backplates, I try it out & hey! Got my own Halcyon set & am very happy with it. :wink:

sorry to bring back a little over a month old thread.but offthewall 1st off exactly were is ur shop and what quarry do you dive in ? if theres a way i can i would really like to come visit for a weekend and dive with you thats if you will dive with someone wearing a bp/w ? i have never had one failure with my setup i am almost 100% DIR in my setup with few modifications that better suit me. and im not afraid of cold,dark and deep 120 ffw 42degree water for 1-2hrs every weekend and have multiple dives to 150ffw doing wreck dives and penatration. or if you would like to dive with me some time let me know i could proly get a kick out of diveing with a stroke.. i have only seen a few failures with bp/w setups and they were caused by porly setup rigs. working at the quarry i do i see atleast 3-4 failures a weekend with bc,s. wich are usely still managed fine by the diver.

There is no such thing as:
"almost 100% DIR in my setup with few modifications that better suit me".
(Hint: It's not only about the gear.)

or if you would like to dive with me some time let me know i could proly get a kick out of diveing with a stroke..
Tell me...in this scenario...Who's the stroke?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom