Has anyone seen or used the new Scubapro Hydros Pro BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I never liked the SP pockets, bulky and the release system for the weights did not suite me [could be just me] , old dog and new tricks come to mind.

On the other hand, I love the Hydros weight pockets, I ordered pockets for use with my BP/W rig for recreational diving. It is fantastic (for me).

OK, photo of said setup, please.
Always like to see what other do.

Edit: On order I see, when setup please.

And another even better pic​
that was november 2015, has anything changed?
wait nvm this whole thread is from then.

Hi everyone,
I am looking for a Hydros Pro BCD but I have some doubts that may you can help.
I know this BCD have been around for a few years now (10?), and I was wondering about the differences between generations as I can see substantial differences in selling prices, 679 to 1k+...

Thanks,

Hi everyone,
I am looking for a Hydros Pro BCD but I have some doubts that may you can help.
I know this BCD have been around for a few years now (10?), and I was wondering about the differences between generations as I can see substantial differences in selling prices, 679 to 1k+...

Thanks,
The big price variance depends upon whether your order it with an AIR2 or not. Otherwise no big differences.

It's only been around for 5. I got mine before it was released. Initially I had problems with the shoulder straps ripping, but they replaced them for free. I hate the thigh pocket that you have to get separately, it just feels weird while diving. Everything else I love about it.

I hate the thigh pocket
Yep, the thigh strap isn't stretchy so it isn't comfortable. If they had a stretchy strap with it, it would have been a very good pocket. It is a wonderful BC.

The alternate "Ninja" pockets are just a little too small for my hands to easily get in and grab things from them.

Other than that I love mine. The monoprene shoulder straps and back pad keep it firmly in place without a cumber bund or crotch strap no matter what underwater acrobatics I do.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom