Has anyone tried the Tusa Visualator??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Unmikie

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the Tusa Visualator? I just saw one today for the first time. I prefer a single window over doubles due to a vision problem (don't have binocular vision, so a separation of windows can present problems). I got a good seal on my face, and it has an outstanding field of vision. However, the thing seems HUGE! It is not far from the face, but has a large surface area. Just wondering if anyone has experienced or can foresee any issues with this mask.

Thanks!

I purchased the Visualator and I am very satisfied. The only problem I had was fogging the first few dives.

I bought one it arrived today 48hrs before my Roatan departure, It looks good fits and you can really tell that your view is alot bigger,and I like that.$65 diveus LP was out and I had to have it.Came in a nice case also,it will get tested within 72hrs.

Dear Friends,

Finally I have found the perfect mask for me....the Tusa Visualator! I have owned over 10 masks in my inagural year of diving and I can honestly say my search is over! This is the real deal.

I got it from diveus.com because my local shop was out. Just an all around great mask. I was diving the Cressi Horizon....still a good mask.....but doesn't give you the views the Visualator does. This is what a mask is supposed to be. The only knock on the Tusa is it's weight....it's a little heavier than the Cressi.....but it's worth it!!!!!!! I thought it was to good to be true!

In all fairness, I have not dove the X-vision, but I can say I like this mask better than any mask I have ever owned!

I was hesitant to part with my Platina, but I did buy a Visulator last weekend. I dove Wreckmania with it, including one dive to 105fsw and the mask worked well. It has a much larger field of view just as advertised. It did have a tendency to fog, but that could be because I didn't take the time to clean it well before diving with it. I didn't notice it being heavy, I just noticed it performing as advertised. :tree: Bob

Tried it today. It is huge but it fits nice and I can see my toes very well!

Amy

I have this mask but so far have only used it in my pool closed water dives -- it's fogged every time. I haven't been able to get rid of fog despite numerous cleansings and defog applications. Have those of you who have had fog problems noticed any improvement? If so what did you do. I love the fit and the field of vision on this mask, but I can't stand the fog.

What did you use to cleanse it? Try some toothpaste on a toothbrush. This always worked on any new mask I got.

I saw the advertisement on RSD and purchased one 5 days ago. Cost me around USD 51.
Just tried it and I can not be more satisfied about the real BIG..BIG field of view and light weight compared to my AquaLung Hawaii I.
I also notice someone mentioned about the fog problem. After apply toothpaste for 3 times and spit, it's just as clear as with my naked eyes. I regret not having it with me during my first diving trip. ;-(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom