Has anyone tried the Tusa Visualator??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yeah, i tried toothpaste a couple more times thanks to pufferfish and i didn't have any real problems. a couple of spots that maybe i missed, but i love the wide and tall view. my previous mask was like being blind compared to this one.

I bought one today, and I'm bringing it back tomorrow. The view is excellent, but the nose area is a bit small for such a large mask. Also experienced the fogging. If you have a big head and a small nose and don't mind the fogging, this may be the mask for you. :)

Just a follow up note on the Visulator. I have twenty dives on it now and the fogging problem is no more. I thoroughly cleaned it after WMII and that fixed it. I like the expanded field of view, plus it seals well. I would recommend this mask to anyone looking to purchase a new mask. My Plantina is like looking through a pinhole compared to the Visulator. :tree: Bob

I also am useing the Visulator...one concern for someone considering this mask though --

Since the mask is big, the skirt tends to sit high on your forehead. If you have a low hairline or small forehead, this may be a concern.

I had problems with fogging also...but I have started using a thin coat of toothpaste as a defogger....

I got one and can't wait to use it

I just got one. It's awesome for a wide field of vision, but it does like to fog. I scrubbed mine w/toothpaste and when I use defogger and cool my face before donning I have minimal problems. On my last dive I didn't use defogger and I found myself flooding and clearing frequently.

I have used a unidive for years, and have just returned from N Cyprus diving for the first time with the Tusa Visulator.

Fogging was a slight problem to start with, however 3 goes with toothpaste and a bit of spit later (the 'greener' the cleaner) and all fogging has stopped.

The mask does fit slightly high on the face, and if you don't pull it down slightly it can push against the underside of your nose, but once in position field of vision is excellent!

One problem however........ my girlfriends mask leaked, so I let her borrow my TUSA, this now means I have to buy another one!!:wink:

I have used a unidive for years, and have just returned from N Cyprus diving for the first time with the Tusa Visulator.

Fogging was a slight problem to start with, however 3 goes with toothpaste and a bit of spit later (the 'greener' the cleaner) and all fogging has stopped.

The mask does fit slightly high on the face, and if you don't pull it down slightly it can push against the underside of your nose, but once in position field of vision is excellent!

One problem however........ my girlfriends mask leaked, so I let her borrow my TUSA, this now means I have to buy another one!!:wink:

Back
Top Bottom