Has scuba replaced anything in your life?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

princessaprilia

Contributor
Reaction score
snowbound Canadian fortress, AKA Regina, SK
# of dives
100 - 199
Well, I'm noticing that I don't have room in my life for one more obsession. Therefore, something has to go. The dogs have been a little neglected, but I'm thinking of giving up cleaning my house.

What has gone to the wayside in your lives?

Money seems to be dwindling the more I dive....

Gas, Food, Trips, Gear...

But I'd have to say working out. Its easier for me to work out now, because it's the winter, and I dont dive as much, but during the summer I'd rather be at the lake or ocean, than climbing some mtn to stay in shape.

Vacation are now more centered on diving. Can't dive the Grand Canyon or Bavaria, so it will be a while.

Flying and competitive shooting have both pretty much gone by the wayside.

Great post Princessaprilia!

Let's see, since starting to dive at the end of July and my certification over Labor Day, I would have to say my house has taken the greatest beating of all.

I've lived here 3 years and this is the first Fall/Winter I didn't get my hoses, my lawn decorations, or my chairs and tables stowed. My camping stuff is still in the middle of garage and until I clean it out I can't park in the garage.

The bike rack is still attached to the tow hitch on my car.

And today, it snowed enough to coat the lawn and the roofs of the houses.

I should get offline and go outside and PUT THESE THINGS AWAY, but naaahhh, I would rather read about other people's diving stories, look at gear online I want to buy, and research my next destination!!!

I gave up clubbing and drinking on the weekends when I started diving. This is probably not a bad thing.

(edit) didn't realise I was in Women's views here... I'll excuse myself now.

My Golf has suffered, handicap is on the rise!

Hmm I have given up a lot for diving now that I think about it! I don't play computer games as much. I gave up sleep ins on most weekends (that has been the hardest thing by far).

Also getting really drunk every Friday and often on Saturday and smoking when I am drunk, can't say I miss it either of them though... it is nice not to be hungover for my days off work. :)

Most of my (tiny) apartment is covered in drying out scuba gear all week so space is fairly limited there now. Lucky my partner's hobbies do not involve equipment other than a computer or else we'd have no room to move around :)

I have also replaced TONNES and TONNES of my money with diving too. :rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom