Has this happened to you in Fiji?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

we didn't have a problem with them and Wannanavu last yr, but had 2 to each room so didn't come accross that issue.
So the only extra we paid for was for the 3rd tank which we did each day and 1 night boat dive.....a little expensive (i think ws $75FJ each day to add it) - but well worth it. [it did mount up and we had to get a pencil out to make sure the charges were correct - but they were ]

- we did get our hotel credit from the package that was drunk in that bar - but that was handled by the hotel not the dive shop.

Bligh Waters was spectacularly colourful, and I enjoyed Wannanavu as a resort (quite quiet when we were there which was nice). Our guides were pretty cool as well and the crew had quite an easy time as we didn't let them assemble our gear and usually did the sucky shore dive after the 3 tanker.

sorry to hear you had issues.

ooohh and thanks for the oppotunity for me to get rid of that annoy notice that said i hadn't posted for several weeks and "maybe i should participate" in a discussion :)

I'm only stating my position because I have personally stayed and dove with the above mentioned operations;(and never had a problem)

If I'm correct

1. Your friends (couple-2) stayed and recieved the 7 night dive and stay package after Julie admitted a double billing error on the COUPLE. Give or take some conversion rates, they should be about even.

2. However, YOU stayed as a SINGLE diver. You cannot expect to recieve the dive/stay package as an individual when it clearly states based on double occupancy. So; Jule charged you the 1/2 pax bure rate, plus food and transfers AND their published dive rates. This would of course be more expensive. So based on the website and IF you want the dive/stay package you would have to pay for 2 persons at 2060 fjd plus taxes for Garden view/7 nt-10 dive plus any extra dives.

3. When Ben said the package was good, he may have been referring to your friends and in general, and not to YOUR specific situation.

Additionally, it may be petty, but I believe referring to the Dive Masters and Boat captains as Dive Boys is disrespectful. :no: Same as me referring to all Californians as tree hunging pieces of Poo!!:D

First leave your preconceptions in the Mid-west the term "Dive Boys" is what they call each other in Fiji! How many times have you been? I stated that the Dive operation was great and the Dive Boys did a great job!

Next Ben talked to me directly and there is NO single charge unless you ask for a private room! Think about it am I going to eat 1-1/2 the food? or us more resources? You must not get out much! what do you think 1/2 means? Ben sided with us completely and Julie is still trying to get extra for diving from my friends and still insists that the "Package" does include DIVING for a diving package! Plus she still hit their card without their permission! Maybe you pre-paid witch makes it harder to get extra money, but Julie tried to milk us for extra! There is no other way to explain it!

These practices are not common in dive travel and need the light of day shined on them!

Most, are scum bag Tree Huggers and wackos! Look at our Legislators and our Turn coat Governor!

All I can say is look at the web page! No where does it state a double sure charge for individuals! That would be crazy! Then given the MANAGER restated the policy to me in person, the only quote on the page for 7 day package is 2060 FD PER PERSON!!! That includes 10 tanks! Add the 2 extra at 75 and the extra day of diving and it does not add up to 1300.00 FD in addition! The conversion sh** is smoke and mirrors! I could care less what the conversion is for this problem! It has nothing to do with anything seeing it is published on the web in Fijian Dollars!

And the Dive Boys did a great job as most operations in Fiji, the Fijians are NOT the problem! Bula!

I DID read the web site and it clearly states BASED on TWIN SHARE; Meaning the charge would be 2060 PER PERSON based on TWIN (TWO, DOUBLE) occupancy. Meaning this is the price if TWO people were staying in the room and each paid 2060 FJD. So instead of charging you the 7nt/10 dive X2; they charged you the individual bure+meals+transport+THE DIVING. Unless they specifically state an alternate "single supplement" as many other places do, then you HAVE to assume that you must pay the twin share rate, or as they did in this case price it out individually. You may note like it, or may not be fair, but that is how I would (and have on other reservations) take it. I have carefully read and re-read all the email posts and Julie has clearly explained this as does the website. Next time bring a friend and split the costs. Then you will get the stay/dive package. The 1/2 person per bure rate is ONLY listed in the individual bure "tariffs" and NOT in any of the "package" rates listed. I can understand you may feel cheated, but this is their rates AS published for lodging and Diving. Diving does seem a little expensive, but so it is at other premium sites.

For example, Just try to book a room at the hilton at a rate of $200 per night that is good for 2 persons, and ask them if they'll only charge you $100 cause your the only person staying. See how far that gets you!

First, you must not have played well in the sand box, SHARE means just that and I was willing! Next she runs the dive shop not the resort, where the manager agreed with me! Next what kind of dive package would that be? Next shouldn't she have mentioned at the beginning that "Your single will have to pay double"????? Next I have dived all over the world and never have had to pay above the Published Package Deal! Next 1/2 as stated on the WEB SITE means one or two not one and a half or one half!! It means one or two pay the published price! I can see you and her have a non-consumer way of justifying things and reading more into things!

You spell ASS U ME just that way! In advertising you don't assume anything, it is as stated! Period! How hard is that to understand?

So lets get this straight, I want a dive and stay package, and according to you because I travel by myself I have to double even though I use only half the resources? First take a reading lesson, since you seem not to be able to read the web site, next email Ben the manager of the resort and ask him way he sees it my way and couldn't understand what Julie was trying to do!

In the state of California if you have a Two for One sale and only want one, it is half price! But maybe math isn't your deal either!

Also, you must not travel much! Go to Vegas and rent a room! It is the same price for one or two! Just that simple! Please explain the manager and why you think O.J. didn't do it!!!! BTW if you paid double then that is your problem and not mine! As for the premium diving, I think the Shark Dive in Pacific Harbor is a lot more premium and less expensive as well!

So maybe Julie should advertise singles not welcome! We discriminate against single divers! Lmarof Or maybe I should bring a villager in off the street and let them eat and stay for free! Your off you nut!

Interesting... getting very heated here!

We've been thinking of going to FIJI so this thread got my attention.

Seems pretty simple. Advertised Dive package at advertised price. Get extras pay for extras.

What I don't understand is how a Dive Op who does not own the resort cares whether you shared a room or not when it comes to billing for their service. :idk:

If they don't have someone to share the room with you but you are willing to share it isn't your fault. Not in my little world!

Interesting... getting very heated here!

We've been thinking of going to FIJI so this thread got my attention.

Seems pretty simple. Advertised Dive package at advertised price. Get extras pay for extras.

What I don't understand is how a Dive Op who does not own the resort cares whether you shared a room or not when it comes to billing for their service. :idk:

If they don't have someone to share the room with you but you are willing to share it isn't your fault. Not in my little world![/quote]

glitch in the system sorry about the double post... computers

First, you must not have played well in the sand box, SHARE means just that and I was willing! Next she runs the dive shop not the resort, where the manager agreed with me! Next what kind of dive package would that be? Next shouldn't she have mentioned at the beginning that "Your single will have to pay double"????? Next I have dived all over the world and never have had to pay above the Published Package Deal! Next 1/2 as stated on the WEB SITE means one or two not one and a half or one half!! It means one or two pay the published price! I can see you and her have a non-consumer way of justifying things and reading more into things!

You spell ASS U ME just that way! In advertising you don't assume anything, it is as stated! Period! How hard is that to understand?

So lets get this straight, I want a dive and stay package, and according to you because I travel by myself I have to double even though I use only half the resources? First take a reading lesson, since you seem not to be able to read the web site, next email Ben the manager of the resort and ask him way he sees it my way and couldn't understand what Julie was trying to do!

In the state of California if you have a Two for One sale and only want one, it is half price! But maybe math isn't your deal either!

OK. You have made several insults during this discussion (e.g. Can't read, No math, don't get out, etc). So let me put some picture up for you so a photographer might be able to understand!! (I'm not attacking you personally during any of this, would appreciate the same)

1. The 1/2 per room is FOR THE ROOM ONLY PRICES (at 230fd per night). It has nothing to do with the "package" you keep talking about. You can't pick the number of persons per room from one area of web site and then want the package price from the other. IF the dive/stay package price would've stated 1/2 as the room tariffs do (instead of twin sharing) I would agree with you. BUT they clearly state Twin Sharing which means that the price per person is based on 2 person staying AND paying. (See pic below)

2. It is NOT the responsibility of the Resort to find you a room mate so you both can do the 7/10 dive package at 2060 PER PERSON BASED ON TWIN SHARE (See pic Below)

3. If Ben agrees with you, and you paid Ben, and Julie doesn't have anything to do with the resort; Then Ben should pay Julie your diving fees of $1300 minus the extra days out of the money you paid the resort for your so called package. This would effectively pay Julies diving fees, but Ben would be taking a loss on the room. I bet he is unwilling to do this.

4. Haven't been to Las Vegas BUT if I ask them to give me the room for half price because I'm the only one stating there they would laugh. OH Wait; maybe I can ask them to run out to the corner and find me a room mate so we can each pay half:rofl3:

5. One last try; I posted a pic from another dive/stay package. Their rates are Per Person (unable to get this in pic). Notice that 1 diver costs MORE than the Double (or twin sharing) price. If you multiply the double you get roughly 2700 for two. Now; lets suppose diver 2 doesn't dive so lets subtract 700 (roughly your diving fee) from the total. This leaves us 2000 (only 70 more than single diver). This must mean diver 1 rate includes Full price of room (1200) plus diver 1 dives of 700=1900. However, IF yolu were to split the double in half you would effectively get a 1350 per person package. This is what your wanting Wannanavu and Julie to do, and it isn't right.

Based on the published website prices, you either have to pay the 7/10 stay/dive package X2 OR the daily rate (1/2 pax)+meals+transportation+DIVING. That is all there is to it; fair or not.

Additionally, as insulting to me as you have been, it's no wonder Julie has had such a difficult time trying to work with you. She has carefully explained this in several emails and broken down the prices. You are just mad because you didn't understand the pricing structure and will not calm down enough to fully and carefully read each post and the points they make.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• Screenshot - 1_28_2009 , 8_05_24 AM.png
    Screenshot - 1_28_2009 , 8_05_24 AM.png
    10.4 KB · Views: 222
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom