Haskell AAD-5 Booster

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SPEARIT

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm trying to find out some idea about the value of this booster. It's new and has the manuals with it but I can't find a price for it. I'll probably put it up for sale since the project I'd planned to use it on has gone in a different direction. I acquired it as part of an equipment trade.

Doing a search on the internet I saw prices ranging from $1400 for brand new and used ones from $400 to $800 dollar range. There is one on ebay with five days to go that is at $100.00.

Not sure that helps but that is what I saw online after doing a quick search.

Bill

The AAD-5 is a double acting single stage air amplifier (not a booster as such) with a ratio of 5:1 (4x drive pressure@150psi max + 1x supply pressure), so it is not really very useful as a single booster for scuba applications unless it is being used in tandem with another single stage booster. Max outlet pressure is listed as 86.2 bar, which is about 1267 psi. Most people want to boost low supply pressures to high output pressures and this one by itself falls way short unfortunately, possibly why they are such a low price new.

Sorry, I wish I had better news for you on this.

The pump is for sale for $800.00(reasonable offers will be considered), shipping not included. I will post pics tonight.

Back
Top Bottom