Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dear Captain Tim
I only just came across your 2017 post. I would like to share that I am still diving with my old Hasselblad Undereater Housings. I have the ones built by huygyfot for Hasselblad and I have the both for the SWC and the 500cm housing. I have been using these two housing for as long as I can remember but I have over the years adapted them to keep up with the digital age. They both now take the latest Seacam strobe and the Hasselblad CFV back. I am always looking for lens gears for some of my other Hasselblad lenses. Would you know who would be carry those len gears? I also would like to get in touch with other Hasselblad Underwater Housing users.
Cheers
Felix

After all of this time I have run across one who may be able to help you.. He goes by "HelicoterSean" and owns Followfocusgears.com. He 3D's gears and has recently built larger and easier to hold gears for some of my topside Hasselblad C lenses. Example the 350, 250, 150 and the 40. They cover the sharp edges of the narrow ragged edge focus ring on the old C lenses..
He and I have been communicating now for some time and he is going to cut some gears for underwater. I was going to send him the set for the 80 and the 50 so he can take accurate measurements from those. Also the 30mm and the SWC If this might sound interesting... let me know or just contact him at his website (in text above. Please tell him you read this on Scubaboard in a posting by Capt Tim. He also knows me by Tim in Monterey.
I have been telling him about the forum as a possible place for his art and this will get him interested. Questions..get back to me. I will be watching for your post.
If you use C lenses and know the pain of those focus gear edges you know of what I speak OUCH!
I can get some images of the gears to you but I think they are now on his site as well. I am sorry this took so long but I have run thru several who have said they could but he is the ONLY one who has the support equipment and product to show that he also has the design ability and willingness. Tim
When you have time please tell me about the digital back. Tim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom