Hauling gear from parking lot to pool, quarry, lake

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I guess it depends on the type of site and the type of gear you are going to use it. I have seen a second hand Umbrella Stroller used to get from car to site. Beauty of that is if it got stolen pick up another one. I've also seen one of those little shopping trolley things you see older people dragging around Malls converted for the purpose.

If you were going to use it to get across the ferry to Catalina Island I think it would need to be quite robust. I've seen the way they "throw" things around. I was quite concerned about my gear :fear:

I used to carry two sets of gear including tanks and weights down the long trail at Marineland during construction of Terranea Resort. The big tires came in handy on the muddy trail.

I use a regular dolly/hand truck that has a handle that flips up to let it roll as a flatbed on 4 wheels. Kind of like this one:

Harper 400 lb. Capacity Lightweight 2-in-1 Convertible Hand Truck-APJDB2223A - The Home Depot

Tanks go right on it. Other gear on top, maybe in a bag or maybe in a plastic bin, depending.

It's handy because I can also use it in the upright(ish) position to cart a set of doubles around, even going up or down a few stairs, if needed.

I also have the macsports one. I have put 2-3 steel HP100s in them and then thrown my full mesh bag of cold water gear on top. It’s folds nicely for storage and we use for festivals and hauling other stuff.

We also have a tool box with wheels. We use that for storage in the house or in storage but I like he collapsible nature and ability to put tanks in the wagon for on the go.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom