have a question on pdic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MB:
PDIC is legit and very respectable. However its a small organization, and many people who only deal with mass market diving might not recognize it. Most of the pros will. If you think you might face a problem getting onto a new boat or into a scuba park, you might want to keep your logbook handy to verify your previous dives and training - but I doubt you'll ever get questioned.
Who rattled your cage. :D I guess Wobbles and I are just going to have to come down there in October and set you and the misses straight. :wink:

Gary D.

PDIC is a member of the RSTC (Recreational Scuba Training Council) along with PADI, SSI, SDI, etc. All member of the RSTC adhear to a common set of training standards and are recognised worldwide. The RSTC is a member of the WRSTC (World Recreational Scuba Training Council).

Good answers all I am PDIC IT in Hawaii and always love to see even our OLD Cards that looked just like padi old cards you know lamentation with cut out picture just the same????
Smaller is often better we do not all have to be McDonalds of Diving...

PDIC is a member of the RSTC (Recreational Scuba Training Council) along with PADI, SSI, SDI, etc. All member of the RSTC adhear to a common set of training standards and are recognised worldwide. The RSTC is a member of the WRSTC (World Recreational Scuba Training Council).

They may adhear to a common set of training standards but I can tell you from experience that all these organizations are not the same. Our shop teaches both PADI and PDIC. The minumum standards between the two are really different. The training you receive from PDIC is a whole lot more in depth. I know a lot of divers that carry an openwater C-Card from PADI that might not be able to pass a PDIC OW class. There is a reason PDIC will not certify divers at 10 years old. Most 10 year olds cannot comprehend the physics and skills taught in PDIC. I can't speak for the other agencies that were mentioned but I do have quite a bit of knowledge about PADI and PDIC. As an example: In PDIC you pratice skills dealing with diver rescue that PADI don't even talk about till you take a rescue class. Now I am not PADI bashing. I think they are a great organization and they have the best marketing program around. But I do think that newly certified divers are more comfortable in the water after taking a PDIC course.

PDIC continues to serve divers all over the world. C-cards are still valid and if you have a problem at your dive site, just give us a call. PDIC strives to offer training emphasizing safety and education, while instilling a life long love of the underwater world.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom